Mr. Mike’s Least-Loved Fairy Tales

Once upon a time, in the faraway kingdom of Fnord, a lonely maiden happened upon an enchanted frog. “Free me from this evil curse,” begged the frog, “and I will transform into a prince, and carry you away to my shining castle on the hill.”

And so, the maiden placed the frog in an engagement ring (which she always carried with her, because you never know), leaned forward, and kissed [The remainder of this paragraph has been deemed unsuitable as it contains horrific scenes of strangulation that may upset sensitive viewers.]

And the moral of the story is: First things first, genius.

Oh, all right, here’s the real story, from Jamie I.: “Yesterday afternoon, a surprise thunderstorm came through the Mojave desert (CA), and all these baby frogs came out to play.  This one didn’t mind posing with our engagement rings – probably because he’s a die-hard romantic.”

Comments

1. (Princess picking flowers for her wedding boquet as she waits for transformation to complete)
    Frog Prince: GAHDFGGHHHHHHH!
    Princess: What’s that dear? Sounds like you have a Frog in your throat, tee hee.

2. How unbearably cute!!!!! He’s looking at the camera going “don’t let this happen to YOU”

3. see the wet ground?
    the water is supposed to be IN this bathtub…..

4. Oh my STINKIN’ GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

5. biscuithead says:

great shot!!!

6. PS: BABY frogs????!!!!!!!

*thud*

7. thedistractor says:

Ahhhh, FNORD!!!

Sorry, I got excited when I saw that. Cute frog.

8. a well wisher says:

Love me some peepers!

9. omg, what an adorable picture! with his wittle arm outstrayched…

10. knittinkitten says:

He saying “just one keeeees, please”. Little frog prince is too cute! I didn’t know there were frogs in the Mojave Desert. This is why I love CO. I can now work it into a conversation that there are frogs in the desert. If only I’d had this in my almost three hour wait at a job fair yesterday!

11. marthava says:

“Rings”? A guy gets an engagement ring?

12. I love it! Especially since I am getting married tomorrow, how appropriate!

13. omg that frog must be sooo teeny tiny!

14. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

WTG Jen! Have the best wedding EVAR!

15. CONGRATS and Best Wishes to Jen.

16. skippymom says:

Leetle yailow fingaires!

17. Best wishes to Jen tomorrow as she marries her prince.

18. Tragedies of love.

19. awww congrats jen! psst NOMTOM, for those of us who are not all that sensitive, can you tell us the rest of that paragraph? =D

20. FNORD!! Lol….is that the land where Fat Princess(the playstation game) lives too??

21. Colonel Jenna says:

Oh what a wonderful teeny weeny froggie! Squeeee!

22. g'day kitty says:

I like your rings. :)

23. kibblenibble says:

I’m one of the biggest cynics around when it comes to romance, but Jamie has taken a magical picture. :-)

24. haha the frog transformed in a prince and got strangled by the ring?

25. TrixandSam says:

Methinks there’s a look of disapproval on wee grey frog (or toad??? can’t remember the difference).

26. Now THAT is a cool ring shot.

27. @TrixandSam, More like a wee “What the hell YOU lookin’ at?” look. I’m from New York, I know it when I see it. ;)

28. @marthava

>>A guy gets an engagement ring?

why knot?

29. @Jen

>>I am getting married tomorrow

fun! congratulations!

30. sorry, NTM, but i envisioned the prince giving his bride-to-be with something blue instead of a diamond and being returned to his original form!

don’t nuff me! i love that blue gem!

my spouse and i both wore titanium engagement bands until we got married!

31. NOMTOM’s captions just reaffirms the notion that marriage is a three-ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.

32. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@wuyizidi: BadaboombadaBING! :D

33. Bookmonstercats says:

Jen, I hope you have the greatest day tomorrow (or had today, or indeed yesterday, depending on the time zone).

Knittinkitten, I hope the 3 hour wait at the job fair was worth it.

Turning back to the frog now.

GAAAHHHH. *DED*

34. How adorable!

35. My husband wanted…and got…and engagement ring 30 years ago…everyone thought it was weird. but why not! All’s fair!…

36. TrixandSam says:

@Theresa: you know, you’re right! I’ve lived too long in the suburbs of Chicago.Years ago when I still prowled the city streets I would have picked up on that look. I’ve grown mentally soft and doughy.

37. Sporkles says:

OMG. I’m speechless. Teh cute has taken over my brain and i am now incapable of doing anything but staring at the picture.

38. Baby western toad! So cute with their colorful little spots all over! I spent last Saturday catching those with the cousins down by the lake. Almost as cute as the spadefoots we get closer to my house.

39. He doesn’t look disapproving so …. carry on!
    @Jen, congrats!

40. Congratulation to Jen on her wedding.

NOMTOM did the ring end up around the Prince’s neck or around some other more sensitive part of his body?

Yes I’m a baaad girl!

41. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Yes, some lucky guys do get engagement rings. My daughter gave her beau one. Of course, that was what, five years ago? This would-be grandma is still patiently waiting for a wedding. (Deep, sad, but patient siiiiigghh).

42. MY Preciousss!

43. Thanks for the reference to Mr. Mike and his Least Loved Fairy Tales. Ahh, that brings back some memories. (Read “Mr. Mike” for a good bio about him)

44. MamaLana says:

Oh so sweet!

45. froggy went a courtin and he did ride ahum!

46. Thanks for all the congratulations, you all made me smile big time!! Now if only I can get myself to get some sleep before the big day instead of looking at teh cute!

47. Don’t ring me, I’ll ring you, maybe, perhaps.

48. The Mojave Frogs were a famous rock band from the 60s. They got their start doing wedding gigs. Their tour bus broke down one night in the middle of nowhere. When rescuers arrived, there was no sign of the band anywhere. Did they all croak? Were the Frogs taken by aliens to rock across the universe? Or did they fake their own disappearance? According to legend, if you sit on a rock in the Mohave and take off your engagement rings, it will rain and the frogs will appear, together again to sing their biggest hit, My Wart is Set on You.
    Now I have toad you the ribbiting tale of hoppiness.

49. @Pyrit, I understand they had a hit cover of “Hello ma Baby.” :P

50. wuyizidi says:

@Theresa, video or it didn’t happen.

51. @marthava

>>A guy gets an engagement ring?

Yes, my husband and I got each other engagement rings.

52. Theresa – you’re just taking pity on me aren’t ya. :-)
    hee, that was a trip, down cartoon memory lane.
    And! I bet you are also hearing, Froggy Went a-Courtin’?

53. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!!! says:

@ Theresa: that’s prob my alltime favorite cartoon bit….even perhaps over Antony Caesar’s bulldog protecting the kittayn …

Signed,
    “Hello, mah baybee…”

54. puddlepeppers says:

Jen, Have a wonderful day…tiny frogs will sing you to sleep.

55. Froggy looks worried…

In some countries it’s customary to get engagement rings for both. There’s lots of variation in which fingers people wear which rings and there can be anything between 1-3 rings, I’ve heard… Congrats, Jen!

56. BStrange says:

Pugfrog has an eye out for just about anything.

As long as “anything” is only a few millimeters tall. :D

57. I my husband had an engagement ring. After we were already engaged, he mentioned he’d like a ring too. So I bought it, and once when we were out on a romantic stroll, I got down on one knee and asked him to marry me and offered him the ring. And it was adorable.

My engagement ring was a blue stone, as well. Go colored engagement rings!

58. Space Cowgirl says:

This should be an ad for bluenile.com.

59. best engagement ring shot ever!