Encore Presentayshe: Sizzling Kitteh

And now it’s dedication time.  A reader named Joools writes:  “Dear Casey: I asked Santa for a re-run of my FAVE Xmas CO, the white kitten lying on the white lights… the caption was something like, ‘I lof the lights, they warm all my parts…’ so I could send it to friends… I can’t find it in the archives!”

Well, Joools, here’s that picture again, from the original post in November 2007.

Thanks again to sender-inner Julia G.

Comments

1. What a blissful expression! Must.beep.nose.

2. irish wristwatch (try saying it out loud) says:

awwaww that”S SOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!

3. Puppies&kitties says:

I’m walking toward the light.

4. Wonderful picture. Definitely worth another look. Thanks for thinking of it, Joools.

5. Mary (the first) says:

That kitten warms all MY parts! So sweet!!

6. Merry Catmas

7. Makes me want to buy a string of lights just for the kitties !

8. fish eye no miko says:

This is seriously one of my favorite kitty pictures ever!

9. I wish I could have that picture on Christmas cards. *hint hint*

10. That’s one totally blissed-out kitty… sharing the warmth of Christmas!

11. Off topic I’m surprised the new Simon’s Cat hasn’t been put up yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgmXrARr6aI

12. earlybird1 says:

I second the motion for Christmas cards!

13. TOO cute! LOOOOOVE this one!!

14. 5^^now8ing says:

I missed this blissful kitteh the first time around. Thanks, Joools, for getting it brought back. Mmm-mmm, warm toesies! It’s like a hundred little sunbeams to keep me warm!

15. Love this pic!!

16. I agree….a christmas card of this is a must! So adorable and sweet.

17. resriechan says:

This Just In:

World Peace (also known as “Whirled Peas”) has Offish broken out,
    over the entire planet known as Earth, known to be inhabited by bipeds & quadrupeds…..

War, poverty and unkindness are *NO LONGER POSSIBLE*

Yours Truly,

The Management

18. *ahem* Kitty is also on December 30 of the Page A Day Calendar…yup…I peeked.

19. BabyOpossum says:

The subject of this post seemed familiar, so I rushed to consult my Chinese takeout menu–but no, it’s just some unappetizing melange called “Sizzling Happy Family.” No Sizzling Kitteh to be found. Harumph!

20. Ooooh, how sweet it is!

Now, when I was a kid there was no way our gaggle of Siamese kittens would have done what that adorable mini-kitty is doing. Oh, sure, they would have enjoyed the warmth for about a minute. Two minutes, tops. Then their tiny Meezer claws would have come out and ZZZZZZZZT! Somebody, possible several somebodies, would have gotten electrocuted.

It was a few years before we could put lights and ornaments we really liked on our Christmas tree, out of respect for the damage those mighty meezers caused. And it was totally worth it!

21. AuntieMame says:

I’ze on ur Xmas lites warmin mah harbls?

22. My little girl likes to lay right next to my computer’s UPS. Sometimes on top of all the cords…

[stealing kitten and putting in my shirt for safe keeping]

23. @Auntie Mame…LOL I haven’t heard that word in a long time! lolol

24. nerrrrrrrm…

25. cute picture

26. kitteh having a btzzzen moment….

27. jumpingjack says:

I have those exact lights, and my kitty does not lay in them, he tries to crunch them!

28. AuntieMame totally stole my line – great minds and all that. Da harbles were the first thing I thought of when I saw this pic. :D

29. 5^^now8ing says:

OK, *what’s* a harble?
    signed (again),
    gullible obvious-missing moron

[It's a misspelling. Mhmm. - Ed.]

30. Queen of Dork says:

5: Ha-ha!

31. ummm…..evid 5now8 and I MISSED THE SAME day in Sex-Educ. class, cuz, while I am inferring that “harble” is a euphemism for something in somebody’s genital region ………..

I STILL feel fairly CLUELESS. (Probably am. sigh)

Signed,
    Guess it was a Location Joke.

(aka = “Ya Hadda BE there”)

sigh.

32. Yep… clueless is the word… still clueless… To save myself further public embarassment, I’ll go ask one of my kids….

33. resriechan says:

@5now8:

acc. to Wiki…the TV show Alf evidently made reference, to a fantastical universe called Melmac (humorously based on the “Corelle” type kitchenware from the 1950s)….and Harble was a location in that universe.

Otherwise, I got *NUTHIN*.

(sigh.)

34. Queen of Dork says:

Resrie the Research Kid strikes again.
    *cue music from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.*
    *walks off down dusty road with tumbleweeds rolling. spurs jingle-jangling*

35. Am I the only one wondering who Casey is?

36. resriechan says:

(Very nice “Film Announcer Person” effects, for the closing frames, there, Q!!!!)

37. :D I would gently pick up the kitty and SNORGLE SNORGLE him/her :D

38. dr. berthaservant says:

Yeah, NTOMTOM – you forgot the coda at the end.

“I’m Casey Kasem.” (Must be said at the end of every paragraph uttered by Mr. Kasem).

Keep your feet on the ground peeps….and keep reaching for the stars. Or, sleeping on the xmas lights. I’m Casey Kasem.

39. FANK Y’ALL SO MOISHE!! I didn’t have a chance to look until now – you made my day!!! (Insert Personal Deity here) Bless us, everyone!! xoxoxo Jooools

40. This string of lights can be repaired with the proper equipment from the tool-Kit.

The small nosie can be an extra bulb. But the wiring can be difficult here…If you’re not an expert, you cat do this job.

(No mistakes…it is as intended) :smile:

41. Awww MY CALVY IS BACK!!!! hooray! He was so teeny tiny then, and is now a GIANT kitteh…. very chubs indeed. My fave picture of him for sure.