As we wind down the year, here’s something for your computer- a wallpaper with C.O. images from 2013. Just click on the image below, then right click and save.
Come on, like you’re surprised about this.
You knew this was coming. Right-click, download, and make a Pika your avatar TUHDAY!
Hey! Did you know that you can EASILY make your very own avatar (what’s an avatar!?) by grabbing one of the images from the Top 4 stories above? Here’s how!
1. Whenever you see a Top 4 image you like, simply right-click on it
2. Save the image to your desktop
3. Update your image in your account! (Don’t have an Account? Get one)
Whew, we’re beat! What a whirlwind National Pet Week this was! You peeps bombarded us with jokes, rhymes and trivia–over 950 entries in all four contests!
And our grand prize winner, selected at random from all entries, is Toni T., whose clever entry, from the caption contest, went like this: Doggie: “Where did your ears go?!” Birdie: “Where did your wings go?!”
Toni wins our Grand Prize: A new Nintendo DSi game system and all four Discovery Kids games! Congratulations, and thanks to all who played, and special thanks to 505 Games!
- Day of the Dolphin (a lot of readers alerted us to another movie titled Sex and Death 101, and we would have accepted that as well)
- Neil and Tim Finn
- False Killer Whale
Photo credit: BartShore
And finally, no National Pet Week would be complete without a salute to everyone’s favorite pet, the dolphin (what, doesn’t everybody have a 950,000-gallon swimming pool?). Well, if you can’t have the real thing, you could win the next best thing, Dolphin Discovery, if you can correctly answer these four trivia questions.
- What movie thriller features assassins code-named “Alpha” and “Beta”?
- What brothers formed the core of the musical group Split Enz?
- What game commonly includes kickers, bumpers, plungers, and flippers?
- The calf pictured below is a wholphin — a rare hybrid of a bottlenose dolphin and what other animal?
Comments are closed for this post. No sharing your answers this time!
In this contest, we’ll give you a chance, here
At a game prized by each kitten fancier
So a limerick compose
That’s inspired by the pose
Of this fiscally-fit feline financier.
Today’s prize: Kitten Corner for the Nintendo DS by 505 Games. E-mail your limerick to competishe [at] cutelabs.com by 9 PM Pacific time today (May 5, 2009)! Official contest rules
Photo credit: nates_flickr_pix
Here we go, peeps! For National Pet Week, Cute Overload challenges you to win one of four cute new Discovery Kids’ Games for the Nintendo DS, with a grand prize of a new Nintendo DSi game system and all four games!
Today, your challenge is to write a caption for the photo below. Remember, the winner will be selected randomly, so any entry can win, as long as it fits the photo.
Today’s prize: Puppy Playtime for the Nintendo DS by 505 Games. E-mail your caption to competishe [at] cutelabs.com by 9 PM Pacific Time today (May 4, 2009)! Official contest rules
Photo credit: Sindy Yao
Listen up, peeps! May 3-9 is National Pet Week, so starting next Monday, 505 Games and Cute Overload challenge you to win one of four cute new Discovery Kids’ Games for the Nintendo DS:
- Puppy Playtime: Train your pup for exciting rescue missions!
- Kitten Corner: Raise and train your customized kitten!
- Pony Paradise: Wash, groom and accessorize your pony!
- Dolphin Discovery: Teach your dolphin awesome tricks!
Grand Prize: A new Nintendo DSi game system and all four Discovery Kids games!
How To Play
Monday through Thursday, check C.O. for a new contest each day:
- Caption contest: It’s your turn to make us laugh
- Limerick contest: There once was a cat from Nantucket…
- Haiku contest: And now, here it is, your moment of Zen
- Trivia contest: NTMTOM lobs you softballs as usual
One winner will be chosen randomly each day, with Friday’s grand prize winner chosen from all eligible entries, so play every day for your best chance to win!
Awfully important-sounding official rules with lots of impressive legal words like “eligible” and “Zamboni”
- Rule one: Entries in each day’s contest must be received by 9 PM Pacific Time.
- Rule two: One entry per e-mail address, please.
- Rule three: One winning entry will be selected at random from eligible entries in that day’s contest.
- Rule four: Grand prize winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
- Rule five: Contest open to all except employees of CuteLabs, 505 Games, their immediate families, robots over twelve feet tall, and that jerk down at the ice cream parlor who won’t give us extra sprinkles even though we ask very nicely.
- Rule six: There is no rule six.
- Rule seven: Winners will be selected by NTMTOM, using a top-secret method involving a Ouija board, sixteen left-handed hamsters, and a Zamboni (see, I told you).