Like its cousin the parrot, the cockatoo is a gifted mimic of other animals, able to reproduce not only sounds but also demonstrating a keen grasp of syntax. In this video, for example, a cockatoo is able, after only a brief exposure, to correctly respond with the phrase “Yeah, that’s what your mom said last night” in Pug.
Dude! Dude dude dude dude listen
[maniacal laughter for 15 minutes]
Once again, Oliver Donavan, spokeskitten with a MySpace page, graces CuteOverload. Oliver is a Professional Kitten and does not condone legalization of drugagges, though we like to think he does.
What do these phrases have in common?
“It’s like a blankie for Adults”, “Better than porn”, “best antidepressant in the WORLD. “, “This site one-ups therapy.”
They’re all comments about Cute Overload over at the PEOPLE’S CHOICE WEBBY VOTING which is happening right now ’til April 30. If we’re gonna have any chance at winning, we need YOU to help!
Here’s how to vote:
1) Sign up for an account at the Webby Awards
2) Click the Website Ballot
3) In the “Connections” section, go to the “Weird” category and Vote for Cute Overload!
THANK YOU for all your help with our revised design, People. It’s Beta testers like you that make this site so much bettoi. We received a ‘tock-load of emails with helpful pointing-out pictures and comments.
To sum up, your feedback was overwhelmingly positive of the revised design. Visits are also up 25 to 30 percent, so all in all, SCHWEET!
What you DON’T like:
- The site layout on Firefox 3 on a Mac! [We are working on this!]
- Lack of hamsters in Pannnts / Lake Tinkle [Hmmmmm, I guess the page loads TOO FAST for you to see the BG image. Shoot!]
- RSS got broke! Eep! [This has been fixed.]
- The header is tooooo tall! and where is the chick favicon!? [we're working on the second one...]
What you DO like:
- Commenting Avatars
- Post image size increased by 12% [Redonk]
- Top 4 features
Sthuper Sthender Inner Lori W. says this seal is “one of the animals rescued by the Vancouver Aquarium’s Marine Mammal Rescue program,”.
How nice of the Vancouver Aquairum to rescue A SOUL SUCKING SEALIO! I mean, are they REALLY thinking this through?
Lori W., you should be more careful with your submishes.this