One of the standout sequences in the otherwise unnecessary sequels to The Matrix comes when Neo fights off an endless swarm of Agent Smiths. Well, make some popcorn, because you’re about to see that scene the way it was meant to be made–with puppies!
We knew they were shellfish junkies, but these otters have a basketball jones, too. (I’ll bet even these guys could beat the Washington Generals.)
In this contest, we’ll give you a chance, here
At a game prized by each kitten fancier
So a limerick compose
That’s inspired by the pose
Of this fiscally-fit feline financier.
Today’s prize: Kitten Corner for the Nintendo DS by 505 Games. E-mail your limerick to competishe [at] cutelabs.com by 9 PM Pacific time today (May 5, 2009)! Official contest rules
Photo credit: nates_flickr_pix
Here we go, peeps! For National Pet Week, Cute Overload challenges you to win one of four cute new Discovery Kids’ Games for the Nintendo DS, with a grand prize of a new Nintendo DSi game system and all four games!
Today, your challenge is to write a caption for the photo below. Remember, the winner will be selected randomly, so any entry can win, as long as it fits the photo.
Today’s prize: Puppy Playtime for the Nintendo DS by 505 Games. E-mail your caption to competishe [at] cutelabs.com by 9 PM Pacific Time today (May 4, 2009)! Official contest rules
Photo credit: Sindy Yao
Listen up, peeps! May 3-9 is National Pet Week, so starting next Monday, 505 Games and Cute Overload challenge you to win one of four cute new Discovery Kids’ Games for the Nintendo DS:
- Puppy Playtime: Train your pup for exciting rescue missions!
- Kitten Corner: Raise and train your customized kitten!
- Pony Paradise: Wash, groom and accessorize your pony!
- Dolphin Discovery: Teach your dolphin awesome tricks!
Grand Prize: A new Nintendo DSi game system and all four Discovery Kids games!
How To Play
Monday through Thursday, check C.O. for a new contest each day:
- Caption contest: It’s your turn to make us laugh
- Limerick contest: There once was a cat from Nantucket…
- Haiku contest: And now, here it is, your moment of Zen
- Trivia contest: NTMTOM lobs you softballs as usual
One winner will be chosen randomly each day, with Friday’s grand prize winner chosen from all eligible entries, so play every day for your best chance to win!
Awfully important-sounding official rules with lots of impressive legal words like “eligible” and “Zamboni”
- Rule one: Entries in each day’s contest must be received by 9 PM Pacific Time.
- Rule two: One entry per e-mail address, please.
- Rule three: One winning entry will be selected at random from eligible entries in that day’s contest.
- Rule four: Grand prize winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
- Rule five: Contest open to all except employees of CuteLabs, 505 Games, their immediate families, robots over twelve feet tall, and that jerk down at the ice cream parlor who won’t give us extra sprinkles even though we ask very nicely.
- Rule six: There is no rule six.
- Rule seven: Winners will be selected by NTMTOM, using a top-secret method involving a Ouija board, sixteen left-handed hamsters, and a Zamboni (see, I told you).
From the cutting edges of Science comes a report via the Daily Mail, of a Harvard psychology student who studied hours of YouTube videos to uncover the startling true fact that cockatoos, like humans, have rhythm terrible taste in music.
The young female was injured during her ordeal, but is said to be responding well to treatment.
Any country can set an elegant table, but few can match the Japanese for ritual. According to custom, one says itadakimasu (“I receive”) before starting a meal, then dries one’s hands on the hot towel provided. And no Japanese table is completely set until the arrival of the hashi neko, or chopsticks cat.
The chopsticks cat can trace its origins to the stern imperial courts of the 8th century, in which specially-trained cats would guard the chopsticks of the emperor and empress, and scratch anyone else who dared reach for them.
Domo arigato, Joanna P.
And now a scene from tonight’s action-packed late movie, “The Squawkshank Redemption,” in which a pair of jailbirds make a run for it…