We really should have more Quokkas on C.O. There is absolutely NO downside to this. Gotta work on that. (Imgur/Reddit.)
When I first came across this story, I thought “Dibblers? No way. Have we ever done a Dibblers post?” Sure enough, right before Christmas last year. Well, ya know- they’re still Cute, so here they come AGAIN. Meet the Dibblers, Part II.
(BuzzFeed by way of Andrew Y.)
That was the subject line of the email Sharon B-C (Western Australia) sent to us. And the answer is easy- not much! (Can’t flat say nothing else is cuter; Quokkas, ya know.)
“Maybe a Bebeh Bun displaying Rule #58? These photos were taken of some adorable baby bunnies at the Blue Hills Farmstay in Harvey, Western Australia. My son just LOVED them (understandably!) For your consideration for Bunday. Keep the cute coming!”
In our continuing effort to
beat this story to death provide coverage from all angles, we now present kittehs examining the new Star Wars BB-8 Droid toy. (Last week it was the puppehs.) Next week, heck, probably Quokkas, who knows? Vanity Fair, are you listening?
We also have Daily Features
unless we forget to run them too! Click on each day name for a comprehensive list of those posts. If we tagged them correctly, of course.
• Bunday: We like Big Buns and we cannot lie.
• Rats, It’s Monday: Very popular. If we
don’t bother forget to run it, we hear about it. Oh yes we do.
• Toesday: We cannot lie. We like Big Beans, too.
• Trading Card Toesday: Once a week, a special Collectible Trading Card of one of our favorite guys. (Or yours!) Print ’em out on the office printer, suck up all the toner, then stick on the bulletin board or fridge- free advertising for us! Weeee!
• Rump Day: A semi-regular one, a cousin to the more well known ‘Tocks. These might show up around 5pm PT.
Under the moonlight..the stherious moonlight!
• ResQte Of The Week: Always on Thursdays, though we’ve been known to pop these in at anytime, too. The Furrtographer took these terrific shots at Animal Care & Control in San Francisco. (Names in the hovers; that’s Sparks in the first one, feeling kinda GIFy.)
• Friday Haiku: When we roll out the weekly Zen.
Climbing up the wall
Peering into the window
Just plain curious
“This little chap flew into our conservatory and seemed a little shy,” says Helen W.
• Ferret Friday: Same as Wombat Wednesday, a semi-regular event. Who doesn’t love some Ferret Action?
[‘SCUSE me, sir- um, before you blast whoever you’re gonna blast- it’s 17:00- how about my chow?]
• TGIF: Every Friday afternoon at 5pm PT- a new GIF! Totally free!
• Caturday: The name says it all. Lotsa cats.
[I’m ready for ya! Dive on in under the covers and Let The Snorgling Begin! And don’t forget my tummeh.]
Yesterday we featured some ResQte Photos from Aussie Patrick Jones– photos he takes for the RSPCA in NSW. In his email, he said he had some other posts recently, and to choose any that “struck our fancy.” All I can say is–THESE sure did! (But- no Quokkas or Wombats, sorry.) Comments on each photo (taken from his site) are in the hovers. That’s Billy The Kid up top.
Well, Carson AND Willa. These two Red Pandas just received their names from the Lincoln Children’s Zoo. They truly might be the cutest things in the history of the planet. Except for Quokkas. We also get a couple of primo examples of Japanese Schoolgirl Foot Stance Action, too. (:14 and :40.)
If you went all the way to Rott Nest Island off the western coast of Australia in order to
pet see Quokkas, do you know what it would be like?
It would be like this. (FYI, this article says petting them is illegal.)