“The Cute Overload Continues” (UPDATE!)

Yesterday we told you about the brand new Bebeh Sea Otter born at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. NOW- we got some video for ya! GAAAAAAAAAA.

MBA’s Mika Y. says “The otter mom and pup were spotted again this morning, in the Great Tide Pool. They’re back out in the bay right now, but we wouldn’t be surprised to see them soon.”

TR15-1123

TR15-1124
©Monterey Bay Aquarium, photos by Tyson V. Rininger.

Advertisements

Comments

1. Mrs. Norris says:

Otterly cute!

2. OMG, the picture of them resting side by side on the rock nearly killed me ded…that is one of the proshest things I’ve ever seen.

3. Again, this is tooo much cute for me to take all at once – thud, for the second time. This otter mom and pup are so very precious.

4. If I were Hallmark, Stieff or Gunz, I would build a product line around these two. Disney would make a mint if they had any sense. Of course, they don’t need it but hey, not for lack of trying.

5. That first pic made me audibly gasp ‘oh’. I’m not sure I’ve ever done that before.

6. The itty bitty webby feets…………..kerplunk! (Picks self off floor.)

7. In the words of Agnes in Despicable me: “It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!” 🙂

8. Mariana Paes says:

I also gasped. Out loud. In the office. My colleagues are now convinced I’m crazy. totally worth it though..

9. Badá Rock says:

Mom otter kisses on the otter baby head. And I did from Teh Qte. This made me cry.

10. grytlappar says:

It’s a WILD sea otter mom who swam into this pool at Monterey Bay Aquarium! How cool.

11. grytlappar says:

PS. I looked into that pup “unsinkable thing”… And the mommas fluff the newborn for hours, after which the pup’s fur retains so much air that it “floats like a cork” and cannot dive. 🙂 Also, they can dive 75 meters to catch mussels & crabs & they have a skin flap in their armpits where they store the food while they swim to the surface. Love learning this stuff!

12. That first picture is not real. That pup is a little knitted toy. I swear I can see the stitches on its feets (*Tries to fight the qte, too late, headexplodingded*)

13. Please please Santa bring me a baby otter. I’ve been so good this year.

14. Too much qte, Brinke!! This is so impossibly sweet – I hope momma and bebeh have a long, safe life. I wish I could protect them all their lives. *sneef*

15. omg that is so adorable and sweet that i actually vomited a little. thats good, right?

16. crashnandicoot says:

The comments made double indemnity enjoyment of this post! I vote this best post all year!

17. megsmissystar says:

I is ded. my ghost be typing dis.