Caturday: “The Cats Of Ephesus”

12187917_10156143380225532_4437851281874063396_nDon’t even need to go search for that- without a doubt this is the first ever mention of “Ephesus” in C.O. history. Which just goes to show that even after ten years, there’s a first time for everything. “I was accused of photographing the cats in the ancient city of Ephesus (modern day Turkey) more than the ruins. Maybe true🙂. But how could I resist?” queries Christina T.

EF - 012

EF - 013

EF - 015

Comments

1. I visited Ephesus (fascinating place!) many years ago and I don’t recall seeing cats back then, or I certainly would have taken more shots of them than the ruins. Now Greece, on the other hand…I have endless photos of cats, or cats incorporated into photos of Greek sites.

2. Sharon Wilson says:

Those cats look like they’re posing–especially the first one; “Yes, I knoes I’m beautiful!”

3. cyberpunkrocker says:

There’s nothing wrong with photographing cats instead of ruins, Christina. Nothing wrong at all.

4. cyberpunkrocker says:

@Sharon: I thought that the first one was like “I’m NOT paying any attention to you!”

5. I wonder if in her great despair, the Widow of Ephesus was a crazy cat lady.

6. Cynthia M says:

They are the guardians of Ephesus so you have to photograph them!

7. Right with you there… I took more photos of the Cats of the Colosseum than of the Colosseum itself.
    I have no regrets.

8. Mischief Girl says:

@Christina, I’m with you! When I went to Ephesus, I took a ton of photos of the cats! Good job you for sending them to C.O.!

9. Christina T says:

😀 “I” made it on Cute Overload!

10. Blue Footed Booby says:

Is…is that first cat going to ask me a very important riddle?

11. I did the EXACT same thing! There were soooo many beautiful Calicos! I had to stop and think, “Oh yeah, famous ruins!” Click click (with the camera)…then A.D.D. set back in and it was all like, “OHHHHHHH, KITTY!!!”. 🙂