Long Eared Jerboa ACTION!

Q: What could be better late on a Sunday than some Long Eared Jerboa Ear Flappage Action? A: Not much. (Reddit/Imgur.)

Advertisements

Comments

1. I swear it’s smiling! (tiny nose boop).

2. I want to think it’s cute; it has all of the right parts: ginormous ears too big for his head, tiny little rodent nose with 500 foot whiskers, beady eyes…I don’t know if it’s the chicken-thin legs and feet or what, but the sum of it’s parts is just nightmare fuel for me. I feel like that little kid who meets Eeyore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7X54cJvVUk

3. Ok, that’s a little scary to me, too. ;(

4. It really doesn’t seem like it should exist. It’s like a fairyland creature.

5. What the……??!! i’ve never seen a creature like this before! A rabbit + a mouse + a kangaroo??

6. I luv eeeet! A mouse with fairy wings glued to it’s head and micro roo legs glued to it’s body! Miraculously cute!

7. oooeeee! the Whiskers! Miles long! and is it holding something?

8. On second look, it seems to be plotting world domination. Laughing and twisting its paws. Kind of off putting.

9. So cute! It’s like a mouse-bat-kangaroo combo. I love animals with disproportionately skinny legs.

10. I don’t understand this…but I WANT EET!!!!

11. Looks like it’s cackling with laughter after feasting on souls.

12. fkaWaldenPond says:

I still think its ears look like maple keys– I envision him spinning down through the air and then landing with a ‘plop’.

13. The new Weather RADAR has been installed .. Problem is .. all of the readings look like a block of aged cheddar.

14. Copperbat says:

The smile. The beady eyes. The t-rex hands. The twig legs. AND THE EARS! *ded*

15. Alice Shortcake says:

I was waiting for someone to mention the t-rex hands…

16. fkaWaldenPond says:

Brinke, everything ok over there? Awfully quiet on the qt front today…

17. My chihuahua was fat about 5 years ago and when I walked him, all day long I heard comments about how fat he was and how he didn’t miss any meals and how he was the fattest dog they had seen. I always laughed agreeably, but really, some times my feelings were hurt and I always thought it was odd that people would say things to me that they would never say if it were my human child. So, maybe if you don’t think something is cute, maybe just keep it to yourself instead of saying it looks evil? Someone thought it was cute, otherwise they wouldn’t have submitted it.

18. I think it’s cute.

19. Victoria, Mom to 2 Rats (and Two Orange Kittehs) says:

This little dude’s really cute, but I came here hoping for a different kind of rodent. It being Monday and all now.

20. LunaChickFringe says:

It has been awfully quiet since this post appeared.

21. Hmmm no new posts?! Worried.

22. worried too…is all OK at CO headquarters? 😦

23. Yoo hoo – Brinke? NTMTOM? Hope all is well there.

24. Hoping all is OK at the qute!! You’re able to post replies, so I think that is good. Worried about you guys! XO

25. Oh no! Replies are not moderated!! Everyone OK?!?!😧

26. Is anyone on any other CO interface like FB or the Twitter?

27. Puppy puppy puppy!!

28. LunaChickFringe says:

No new FB posts since 9/6.

29. Also worried about everyone at CO! Hope all is ok.
    And like Victoria, waiting for my Monday rat. 😉
    Also wondering if yesterday’s baby capybara took down the site. The intensity of the cute knocked me out for quite awhile!

30. Really hope all is ok – missing posts here in the UK!

31. I’m getting concerned also. I keep checking back and their online website is the only way I can see it. Wonder if their system is down for some reason. I MISS all the cute postings!

32. Hmm, no tweets since Nov. 4. I also hope everything is okay.

33. This jerboa ate all the other qte. I’m concerned there’s no more qte.

34. SlaveToCat says:

Did we use up all the cute??

Feeling faint, dizzy, uncontrollable shaking setting in.

35. Maybe they got a huge influx of submissions and passed out from the sheer volume of Qte?

36. “nearer my god to thee”https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4PEbpao0cFozDauppFHvcVIf18yn5EIBEWCwEcpOPMTqEjssL

37. I hope everyone at CO is ok! I’m going to go with NathanF’s thought…. they literally were overloaded with cute!

38. januaryfarmer says:

Whatsup?

39. I’m with Birdcage, the jerboa-monster ate all the qte. See, I knew something was off about it.

40. Just a friendly reminder that there are 1,989 older pages to go back to if you need a cute fix like I do!

41. “Aha! I have commandeered the qte!” exclaimed the jerboa, rubbing his T-Rex paws together in delight. “Bow to me, my minions!!”

42. Bad news folks, the qte animals have all gone on strike, they want a better cut of the money.

43. Is everybody at CO okay? Now I’m really worried. 😦

44. @murkle46 But Rats the are in Steerage. Is there room in the lifeboat for them?

45. Yes, it’s not the Qte I’m even concerned about, it’s the hoomins. Are you guys Ok?

46. This period of time shall henceforth be known as The Great Qte Blackout of ’15. It’s something we will speak of in hushed tones to our grandchildren. First came the warning sign: the smiling jerboa of the apocalypse. And then ……. nothing more.

47. LunaChickFringe says:

This is becoming very worrisome.

48. Calico Angel says:

Still not CO. Echoing everyone… Miss the cute but more importantly hoping y’all are okay.

49. Another day and no CO?? I’m sure others have done the same, but I’ve just sent an email through the Sub-mee-shons. Hopefully, Meg or Brinke will receive it and be able to send a quick note to let us know it’s just a tech glitch and they’ll be back soon. fingers crossed.

50. Oh NOES! I am concerned over here, where has the qte gone? :/ Hope nothing’s gone wrong *hugs*

51. thkoalafanfurimmer says:

Hm, this is concerning. Where did all the cute go? I thought it was just my computer, but I guess not. Hoping everything’s okay on the technical side of the website!

52. I thought it was my browser, but obviously not… This is very weird (>.<)

53. Hey everybody, I just looked at Brinke’s LinkedIn profile, you can see it here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brinke
    Now I may be wrong and this may be nothing, but the listing for CO is all in past tense. It looks like he has another job that says ” to present” – which means he is still working there. And if that were the case for CO, it would say the same thing, right? Am I being overly dramatic?

54. Good detecting @Deb
    Yup, CO info has an end date of November 2015.
    😟 Hope the cute flows soon.

55. Thank you Deb! Awesome job. That’s how I read it too. Even if he’s not with CO, at least now we know he’s physically Ok. Sending happy thoughts of Qte to all.

56. @ Deb: but he (or they) wouldn’t just stop posting without saying anything..?

57. Blue Footed Booby says:

If in danger, if in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

58. @Nucleus, my thoughts exactly. It just poses more questions, why no farewell, outgoing fanfare, etc. And no preparation for his departure by having another staff member doing the posts. After all, it’s a business. Yes, good luck to Brinke! But all kind of bizarre….hmmm.

59. We can’t go on without the QTE!! Here is a link to the Backstreet Boys cuddling and singing to baby pandas. Maybe it’ll help tide us over. But I too want to know what the dealio is!

60. Maybe Brinke dropped the mic too hard when he left 😦

61. nano's_mom says:

Nothing on FB or Twitter from them either!. This is worrisome.

62. A new post – hope this means everything’s ok!

63. @Birdcage – LOL. The smiling jerboa of the apocalypse!

64. @BlueFootedBooby “And shake your butt about”

65. Barb and Paul says:

Wow is THAT depressing. And just when I need the boost the most. Maybe the world is actually coming to an end.

66. This IS your fault, Jerboa!