THIS JUST IN: Super Ultimate ResQte Of The Week Of All Time

***First of all, a note. This video is a bit scary at the beginning. Basically, a motorcylist comes to an Oklahoma stoplight (she has a cam on her helmet) and spots a kitteh IN THE INTERSECTION AND CARS ARE ZOOMING BY! And she swoops in to rescue him!

OK. There it is. Now……here’s the video.

36U5Rkc
The story gets better- here is the kitteh at home- now named “Skids,” for “Skidmark.”

Here are some additional deets, from the source video:

– Named him Skidmark.
– Keeping him for now.
– Have tried to contact person in red car, but she was unavailable. Either to find out if Skids is hers, or to make sure she knows strays are chilling in her undercarriage. She has my number, and a summary of the incident, have yet to hear from her.

(Story spotted on Mashable, Paul P. sent us the video link.)

Comments

1. Copperbat says:

Awww I saw this yesterday and just crumpled. I’m so glad Skidmark is was saved and is now safe. Love the video.

2. I love this so much – she titles it “I sound stupid…” are you kidding, you sound like a kitten-rescuin’ ROCK STAR!

3. Great name!

4. Barb and Paul says:

Absolutely heartrending, and knowing that some people will criticize this hero for stopping and “interrupting” traffic to save a little innocent creature – well, there is a special place in heaven for this young lady. God bless her, and anyone like her.

5. That’s some superhero action there! So happy that Skid is okay.

6. WOW! I was holding my breath! Who needs Batman? We need more KittenRescueHeroWomen! Thank you for saving that little life!

7. Let’s hear it for the Women of CO!

8. Seeing this baby in the last video makes me so happy. 🐈

9. Skidmark is an awesome name. ^_^ And what an awesome rescue. Even knowing it was going to turn out all right it was still scary to watch.

10. Meeeeew

11. ElleDoubleYou says:

Awesomely if you look on Youtube, GOPRO left this comment:
    The definition of a HERO! Thank you for saving that frightened and adorable kitten. Couldn’t help but notice the GoPro mount on your mirror, we’d like to send you a care package as our appreciation. Please keep an eye out for our email! #BEAHERO

12. Give it up lady.

You two are bonded. I doubt that Skids is going anywhere.

13. fkaWaldenPond says:

Hero placement in my heart.

14. grytlappar says:

Aww little muffin… Is he the cutest? He’s sooo calm after the rescue! He must have been in shock? First, riding in the FRICKIN undercarriage of a car (gah!), and then this ordeal.

15. Omg! My heart stopped. I was trying to figure out where it came from. Poor little thing. Thank you so much for your rescue.

16. Jenny Islander says:

Little fella, you landed in the butter and no mistake! Here’s to a long and peaceful life from here on out!

17. She said the kitty came from a red car (the one with the door logo, I guess); to me, after several viewings, it looked like the black truck after the red car. She was THERE, so I suppose her judgement is better, but I wonder if she has the right vehicle. There are more places to perch on a truck (like the running board), but it looked like it fell off the drivers side, and the driver would have noticed a kitten on his running board. I hope it was not THROWN out; I don’t want to think anyone would do that. Plus, it’d be a bizarre way to abandon an unwanted animal.

18. Saw it yesterday and the beginning of the clip really made my heart race! So happy the little fella is alright!!

19. OMG! I nearly cried!
    Could’ve been me, I’ve been “dumb” enough to stop traffic for two kittens once. Searched for more at the side of the road (it was dark) but didn’t find any, but at least I rescued those two.
    Girl, you’re my hero! Thank you!!

20. She is the very definition of “a good person.” To me, there is no higher compliment.❤

21. herbert butler says:

You absolutely DO NOT sound stupid. You sound like a hero. You put yourself out to save a little sweetie. Thank you so much!

22. “Stupid” is not the right adjective to describe this lady. Better ones are: angelic, wonderful, awesome, lovely, amazing, FANTASTIC. ❤

23. Stressfactor says:

Also, in the update #2 the butt wiggle! The paw flailing! Ded, ded I say, from teh Qte.

24. What an AWESOME person she is! And such an adorable kitty!

25. I love both these women–imagine a total stranger waiting with the kitten while someone else moves their bike out of the road. This was superlative resCUTE work, ladies.

26. The best cats are the ones that adopt you,or that fate thrusts on you.

27. This made me cry !..what a lovely lucky kitten and what a lovely lucky lady to have such a gorgeous little baby in her life ….I dont think that kitty is going anywhere else …thank you for being such a wonderful caring lady to that dear litle frightened soul…..wish the world was full of people like you !

28. Could the kitten be any more overwhelmed with happiness?

29. TangledKittys says:

Bless your Heart for stopping & helping this helpless little furrbaby ❤❤ . I do hope you will keep her/him ☺ Looking forward to Skids & yours update.

30. Those orange ones are always causing so much trouble and drama! What a cutie pie, Skids is. Thank goodness this wonderful woman was able rescue the kitty.

31. Thank you for saving this little guy. If i could hug you I would, someone hug this lady!!
    You are a kind beautiful soul!

32. Note to all: An update on this story coming Monday morning!

33. AWW😀 I am so extremely glad that dear sweet Skidmark (Skids) has found his loving forever home😀 (I am cybergal on YouTube😀 )