THIS JUST IN: RIP Winston

Just got the news from C.O. reader Kathy via the @winstonbananas Twitter account. 😦

Advertisements

Comments

1. Elizabeth Grisham says:

I hope there’s a banana bed in a sun patch just for him in heaven.

2. No, not Winnie! My daughter and I loved, loved, LOVED his Thanksgiving video that cuteoverload.com used to play every year! We will miss you Winnie, but you will live on in our hearts (and the internet).

3. NOOOOOOO. Winnie, you had a great life and made lots of people happy. No cat could ask for more.

4. Gigi_the cat lady says:

Winston will forever live in our heart.

5. No!!!!! I LOVE WINSTON! 😦 boo.

6. oh no : ( I like the banana bed idea.

7. Sniffle. Winnie was my favorite Internet cat.

8. Awww Winston!! He’s rubbed his last earthly banana 😦

9. Aww, goodbye Winston. You were one of my favorite cats ever.

10. medusa0813 says:

Godspeed Winston!!

11. Prosh and amusing little Siamese fellow! You will be sorely missed and always remembered.

12. Very sad 😦

13. Sowmya Dakshinamurti says:

O my :’0 Everyone will miss his epic weirdness. but we are forever indebted to his hoomins (and his own banana-loving self) for putting such CUTE into the world. RIP Winston – you make my day better every time. (Mebbe check if Tama needs some help at Rainbow Bridge Station?)

14. Aww, Winnie had a good life. His human gave him everything he could have wanted… bananas, treats, strange bike rides, and pettins. My condolences to his human, that sweet cat will definitely be missed.

15. I was Team Rudy but Winston was just too weird and lovable. Condolences to Rudy’s fathers and friends.

16. The best thing about the internet is that cats like Winston finally get the global recognition they deserve – and a grand send-off when it’s time to flutter away.

17. Winston was such a character! Loved his videos. Remember when he was a rice krispie treat at Halloween?

18. 1knitchick says:

RIP Winston. May heaven be filled with bananas and mashed potatoes just for you.

19. Awww, sorry to hear you left us Winston!

20. Funny quirky guy. Winston was my first internet cat crush. I’m sure there are bananas over the bridge.

21. All our love, Winston.

22. kibblenibble says:

Aww, I truly loved Winston. He had a good life. May he rest in peace. ❤️

23. I loved watching Winston, especially the annoying meows. He was my first Internet cat crush, too. Sure will miss you, little guy.

24. Been thinking of Winston lately. So sorry to hear he’s passed on. Such a fun cat – hope his humans are doing ok. You gave him such a good life. RIP Winston you will truly be missed. 😢

25. Best smooshed-face kitty ever.

26. Alice Shortcake says:

Poor old Winston. It was a shame that he more or less vanished from teh interwebz when his dads split up.

27. I loved Winston so much and was saddened when his human’s went separate ways. Winston, you were loved by millions. RIP little man.

28. LunaChickFringe says:

Feeling awful for Winnie’s people. Unfortunately most of know all too well how they are feeling right now. Sending them big squishy hugs and imagining Winston rolling in bananas at the bridge.

29. Noooooooooooooo 😦 😦
    Sending condolences and hugs to his hoomin. Rest in peace sweet Winston.

30. buffy summers says:

Ahhh we will miss you Winston. And all your funny little habits.

31. Oh no. He has a lot of love being sent up to him. Say hi to my cat Sasha, Winston!

32. If only we could keep our sweet babies forever! 😦 Love you Winston! 🙂

33. I thought Winston died years ago. Certainly he hadn’t been on CO in years. I must have him confused with another Net celebrity cat.

34. Oh no, that’s terrible. I hope his humans are ok and that they will find a new friend very soon.

35. Oh my god. NO! He was my favorite celebrity cat.

36. fleurdamour says:

Winnie was the Wilford Brimley of cats. Banana Security is still one of the best things ever posted on YouTube. He was so fluffy I always wanted to snorgle him, so there is a reason to be good so I can go to heaven.

37. So sad when we lose our fuzzballs. I hope his people are feeling the love, but it’s a hard thing to go through.