OK, Time To Break The Interwebs

THIS JUST IN from Dual Cuteporters Tracey M. and Erin D. This female pup (#681) was found September 30th, on Coastways Beach in Northern California between the San Mateo and Santa Cruz county line. WARNING: This is SO Cute- you should be sitting down. If you fall over from The Cute and smack yer head- not our fault. OK- proceed.

110414-kgo-otter5C9A9801-img
She is now at the Shedd Aquarium after a month-long stay at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

110414-kgo-otter5C9A7215-img
Quoting ABC7, “On arrival at Monterey Bay Aquarium, ‘681’ weighed 1.0kg..”

110414-kgo-otter5C9A7226-img
“…which is tiny for a newborn sea otter, and she had been separated from mom for at least 16 hours,” said Karl Mayer, Animal Care Coordinator for the Sea Otter Program.

110414-kgo-otter5C9A7236-img
“This meant it was critical that we begin to get calories into her as quickly as possible.”

110414-kgo-otter5C9A7278-img

110414-kgo-otter5C9A9668-img

110414-kgo-otter5C9A9685-img

110414-kgo-otter5C9A9796-img

110414-kgo-otter5C9A7106-img

110414-kgo-otter5C9A9808-img

110414-kgo-otter5C9A7055-img

Photos from KGO-ABC7 in San Francisco.

Advertisements

Comments

1. Shut it down, the Internet is all over. Nothing can top this.

2. This just got me a bit teary-eyed. Poor hungry scared baby–I’m so glad she got rescued!

3. What Juno said. Kudos to the good folks who found her and brought her to safety, and of course to the Shedd for taking such good care of her. She looks so sad in some of those photos!

4. omg i love sea otters soooo much. and a baby adorable squawking sea otter who is a rescute??! love him so mudge.

5. Totes hit my head and it exploded from cuteness

6. This is just not fair, I say! Not fair! Otters are already cute. Plus, they squeaks like toys and that’s adorable. Baby sea otters are doubly cute because small, cute bebehs makes ovaries ‘splode. But this… this! This is just illegally, lethally QTE!!! Even for a sea otter baby.

7. Lurver sea otters! They’re like the playful puppies of the sea, or would that be dolphins? I like how they used purple(!) strips of cloth to simulate the sea kelps she would be resting and sleeping in.

8. Oh my! If I go through the car wash with the purple washers, can I play with a baby otter?!? That sin of envy thing might be getting to me a bit.

9. I submit that this website now be known as ‘Cute Overdosed’ from now on until the end of thingies.

10. “Why did I not heed the warning?!” -words I uttered b4 fainting of qte

11. She’s already learning to climb out of pool. Smart girl. Soo lucky for her!

12. whawhawhatsis says:

One of the most magical moments of my life was on a beach in central CA with my son, who was about 10, watching a mama sea otter and her baby. The baby was learning to dive, and every time it would come up, it and my son would just look at each other for a minute. You could see they were both wondering the same thing: “What is that fascinating creature over there?” One of my happiest (and cutest) memories! Love, love, love sea otters!

13. Again, day two of my faith in humanity taking a shining leap forward

14. Cute Otterload

15. Ack, I missed Monterey Bay Aquarium in my earlier reply. Thanks to the good people there, too, for helping this wee girl!

16. Even her wails of outrage are qte. Her name should be Fortuna or Shamrock or something because she was lucky to be found and so well cared for!

(I like to imagine that the pool is nice and warm like a hot tub–nothing but luxury for this qtimous nugget!)

17. Oooooh, my head!

18. What a sweet little treasure! Now I want to move to Monterey so I can work with the otters!

19. All those expressions! The dramatic otter, the sad baby and the concerned otter! I really Love the photo where they are holding her like a baby!

20. Ker plunk, I am totally down for the count. Way too cute and heart warming.

21. 681 is #1 in my book.
    (it had to be said)

22. Seriously, there are no words, but I would name her Sweet Pea. Just because. ❤

23. Lucy's mommeh says:

I’ve had a crappy day. On the verge of tears for a good part of the morning. Mom was put in a nursing home for end stage Alzheimer’s today.
    Then I watched this. It’s amazing how much it soothed me. Thanks CO.

24. @Lucy’s mommeh, I am so sorry about the difficult time you are going through. CO can’t change the situation but it can be a source of comfort and humor. Hugs to you and your Mom. BTW, this is one of the bestest CO posts EVAH! Love this sweet little otter and the kind people caring for her.

25. The Original Jane says:

OH. MY. GOD. Thud.

26. Too much!!! So adorable!!

27. Sandi Lee says:

Your warning was not sufficient! I did fall off my chair at the overload of otter cuteness! You will be hearing from my lawyers.

28. victoreia says:

Luckily, I *was* sitting down! However, still ded.

Totes non sequitur: Oakley wins again.

29. Honestly, in all those years of extreme cuteness at CO nothing reaches this Level of breathtaking adorability.

30. Oh get out!! That cannot possibly be a real bebeh otter. No, don’t believe it. No way…nya nya nya nya….

31. @Lucy’s mommeh, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom 😦 My siblings (half-sister, half-brother that I live with, and my brother) and me are worried that we might have to do the same thing with our parents 😦 CuteOverload is a lovely place to come for comfort (BIG CYBER HUG).

32. AWW 😀 What a cute little baby otter 😀

33. SweetPea73 says:

1st photo…….”Jack, paint me. Paint me like one of your French girls/sea otters……

34. I’m with Rachael (again). 🙂 Sweet Pea sounds like the perfect name for her!

35. Now I want to be adopted by the Shedd Aquarium for the belleh rub from the cute guy…can anyone arrange it? (I know, I’m shameless.) h

36. @Lucy’s mommeh, I’m so sorry about your mom. Please allow your furkids to soothe your soul at this difficult time. Surely better days are ahead so don’t ever let the light in your heart go out. Big, warm hugs from me and my baby girl. *hugs*

37. missy loves jammies says:

1:31 on the second video. Bang. Biscuit.

38. How is it possible that some people are so loving and caring towards animals when others are so cruel and vicious? The people caring for this little baby bundle of cute (and all the others out there trying to make the world a better place for animals) are amazing. They have definitely secured some cushy spots in the afterlife.

39. I approve of Sweet Pea! (Sweet Pea was Popeye and Olive Oyl’s baby, if I recall.)

40. I only live 2 hours from the Shedd! I think I know where I am taking a trip to soon! This little girl is too cute!

41. That’s it, I’m moving to Chicago and working at Shedd Aquarium. And I hate cold weather – that’s how cute this is!

42. Otters. I just can’t. Day is made!

43. kallisto73 says:

I need to say it: Them feeeetz!

44. Sending warm fuzzies your way, @Lucy’s mommeh. That’s really tough stuff. Thank goodness for Cute Overload. Always there to cheer you up. Love otters!

45. I a thrilled at the rescue and care.!!

46. I think she should be called Penelope. I don’t know why, but she struck me as a Penelope. She is over the top cute, and all her hoomins can’t stop smiling around her- she could bring world peace!

47. Lucy's mommeh says:

Thanks everyone. I have a dear sweet kitty (Lucy) and my incredibly supportive husband helping me through this, plus a number of good friends. My siblings are doing a darn good job helping dad out with lawyers & such. Thankfully, he can still take care of himself. ❤ Dorry from Finding Nemo is my spirit animal. Just keep swimming..

48. Articles like this renew my faith in humans. Thanks to those helping this precious little one.

49. grytlappar says:

I die. That first video alone killed me ded… 0:43 when the keeper puts her in the water and she starts floatingks? With the hind ballet-position feets propel her forward with little flicks of her toes? Omigerd.

I love how smitten the staff is too. They’re also dyingks from the cuteness – and they must have seen it all!!

50. Rhonda B. says:

@ Lucy’s mommeh: I think they should call this little girl Dorry! It’s perfect! 🙂

51. Waaaaaay better than Kims butt