♫ Just Another Wombat Wednesday ♫…

Baby wombatFrom Arbroath, discovered by Karen F.

Comments

1. Blue Footed Booby says:

He looks like he’s about to drop a really goody pickup line.

2. Wombats aren’t usually so, so nekkid, are they? (blushing)

3. I… Okay, I don’t know a thing about wombats, but WHERE IS THIS SMILER’S FUR?!?!? Seriously, it looks like some slightly-creepy, yet adorable puppet from the Henson Workshops.

4. Is that a newborn? I think I see a thumb under the wombat’s right foot. If so, that is a teeny tiny wombat, and it would explain the nudity.

P.S.: I thought the same thing as BFB.

5. Christina says:

I’m sorry. I love the cute little smile and how relaxed he is, but he looks like Gollum’s love child.

6. Rhonda B. says:

I wish my fingernails were that long! :)

7. Oh no! So wonderfully weird and funny! Also agreeing with BFB’s comment. Either that or he works as a somewhat sleazy lounge comedian.

8. Ok, that grin is actually a little creepy. I’m totally imagining this guy as an unrepentant frat boy/flasher that just got caught and doesn’t care because you still had to see him naked…

9. I don’t care…it’s a wombat and I’m gonna love it. It needs love. And a onesie.

10. Smartypants says:

I think we have a new Rule of Cuteness – the Privacy Knee! :-D

11. And I’m all for more Wombat Wednesday!

12. I feel we’re missing some perspective. It’s tricky to work out if its a bebeh wombat or an adult wombat with a stressful job.

13. hairless wombats NOT cute!

14. He just got away with something super naughty….

15. Omigosh! He’s like a little old man – I love him!

16. Wombat feels that since Patrick Stewart pulls off the bald hot look, then he can as well! :)

OMG he is sooooooooooooo cute.

17. I am torn between laughing hysterically and fearing I will see this in my nightmares.

18. I’m with Mikeyfur–MOAR WOMBAT WEDNESDAY!!!1!!

19. I’m not the least bit creeped out (and I shudder to think what that might say about me). His smile just tickles me and I think he’s super adorable. No, he’s not classically handsome but he sure is cute! :)

20. Jenny Islander says:

“My tummy is all full, I am partially wrapped in something warm, and people are cooing at me. Life is good.”

21. I’m with Rachael on this one!

22. Nekkid wombat!

23. Linda Allen says:

How about Voldemort, between bodies?

24. Gracious Sakes’ Alive! It’s another weird–looking creature! Our mods seem to be on a roll here. That little creature sure has a smug grin–he’s got it made in the shade.

25. It’s Danny DeVito!

26. petless in Puddletown says:

I’m with Annette. Pink and hairless, he is too human, except for the scary claws. I had a Wombat Crossing sweatshirt in, like, the 70s… but that’s a very disturbing marsupial.

27. whatthelump says:

Heehee! Definitely looks like he’s in the middle of transforming into a human. Anyone see “The Witches” from 1990? Reminds me of those scenes, but cuter of course.

28. Oh dear heavens. Is this the Ugly Naked Guy from “friends” or the Grand High Witch as whatthelump pointed out?

Oh wait, he’s the date pulling the “Naked Guy on the Couch” move from HIMYM.

29. I still say he is cute. The claws are a tad creepy but he is pink and furless sooooooo………….And Mikeyfur has showed the proper cute frame of mind when dealing with a pink furless cute…”Put it in a onesie”, that was an awesome thought and you definetely are “down with the cuteness”.

30. Smartypants and pookie’s comments were super funny and went perfect with the pic.

31. Mikeyfur, that’s the spirit!

32. Christina’s comment was funny too!

33. Erika in HB says:

Hey…. Pull my finger.

34. Did a quick check on the story, this baby wombat is a rescue. The story is a bit too sad to write, but you can find it in the Daily Mail. Leah will be getting fur a bit later. For now it’s a regimen of milk every 4 hours, 6 times a day.

35. Thanks Em. this is a much cuter pic of her

36. Sophia PG says:

Kar, thank you for the link to the cute pic. This pic was making me feel a bit traumatized.

37. He looks like Hank on Breaking Bad!

38. Snarlaiou says:

He’s a baby. I just Googled baby wombats, there are pictures. They’re marsupials like kangaroos. Adorable!

39. Made me think of Jim Henson characters, for such movies as The Dark Crystal or The StoryTeller.

40. judithspeced says:

Wombats, naked or otherwise, are the cutest. Makes me proud to live in Oz!

41. Isn’t that an aardvark?