Hangin’ Out In Sambas, Indonesia

Little Lemur Dude was pooped from climbing the trees in his neighborhood, so he decided to sack out for awhile. On himself.

article-2727199-2077BE1100000578-419_634x487
The Sunda Flying Lemur has up to a five foot wingspan, so he just (literally) stretched out for a snooze.

Clipboard01
Photo by Hendy Mp as seen on Mail Online, spotted by Smedley.

Comments

1. HE’S SO AWESOME.

2. Smartypants says:

Look at that – and I thought platypuses were outlandish! Sci-fi Qte.

3. Alice Shortcake says:

It’s a lemur! It’s a flying hammock! It’s adorable!

4. Blue Footed Booby says:

Hey look, a whatsit!

5. Copperbat says:

What a beautiful animal! He’s cute, too! I just read about these and they’re some of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom. Near-primates.

6. he looks likes a little bit like Halloween – little skeleton dressed up in furry pjs :) the self-contained hammock is “aw”-inspirational, too.

7. It’s like he’s a lemur-sloth-bat….

8. i never realized such a creature existed! wow gotta look him up.

9. The clarity of these photos is as amazing as the lemur! Absolutely stunning!

10. I don’t know. It’ a creepy or cute tag to me. Cute little face but sort of creepy seeing his paws/hands? look like a skeleton.

11. Doesn’t look much like Momo, but I’ll take it.

12. Maybe I was mistaken about the armadillo, maybe it isn’t the oddest-looking creature in the world. Those lemur feet look like Gollum’s, except for the claws. And I forgot about the funny-looking platypi.
    We live in an amazing and wonderful world, that has such creatures in it.

13. petless in Puddletown says:

Incredible!! I have been following CO since forever, and you finally stumped me… had never seen nor imagined such a creature. Wikipedia: “The Sunda flying lemur is not a lemur and does not fly…” Thanks WP, I feel better now!!

14. petless in Puddletown says:

P.S. GREAT hovertext, Brinke; I thought I was the only one who had dreams like that! XD

15. WTF? Seriously, we need a WTf tag.

16. Super cute! I love the way you can see the difference between the front paws and back paws.

17. Oops! not to mention how he can look at you from under his armpit :P