Hangin’ Out In Sambas, Indonesia

Little Lemur Dude was pooped from climbing the trees in his neighborhood, so he decided to sack out for awhile. On himself.

The Sunda Flying Lemur has up to a five foot wingspan, so he just (literally) stretched out for a snooze.

Photo by Hendy Mp as seen on Mail Online, spotted by Smedley.

2. Smartypants says:

Look at that – and I thought platypuses were outlandish! Sci-fi Qte.

3. Alice Shortcake says:

It’s a lemur! It’s a flying hammock! It’s adorable!

4. Blue Footed Booby says:

Hey look, a whatsit!

5. Copperbat says:

What a beautiful animal! He’s cute, too! I just read about these and they’re some of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom. Near-primates.

6. he looks likes a little bit like Halloween – little skeleton dressed up in furry pjs :) the self-contained hammock is “aw”-inspirational, too.

7. It’s like he’s a lemur-sloth-bat….

8. i never realized such a creature existed! wow gotta look him up.

9. The clarity of these photos is as amazing as the lemur! Absolutely stunning!

10. I don’t know. It’ a creepy or cute tag to me. Cute little face but sort of creepy seeing his paws/hands? look like a skeleton.

11. Doesn’t look much like Momo, but I’ll take it.

12. Maybe I was mistaken about the armadillo, maybe it isn’t the oddest-looking creature in the world. Those lemur feet look like Gollum’s, except for the claws. And I forgot about the funny-looking platypi.
    We live in an amazing and wonderful world, that has such creatures in it.

13. petless in Puddletown says:

Incredible!! I have been following CO since forever, and you finally stumped me… had never seen nor imagined such a creature. Wikipedia: “The Sunda flying lemur is not a lemur and does not fly…” Thanks WP, I feel better now!!

14. petless in Puddletown says:

P.S. GREAT hovertext, Brinke; I thought I was the only one who had dreams like that! XD

15. WTF? Seriously, we need a WTf tag.

16. Super cute! I love the way you can see the difference between the front paws and back paws.

17. Oops! not to mention how he can look at you from under his armpit :P