Bats, It’s Monday: To The Bat Pole Poll, Robin!

If you’ll recall, last Friday we had a Poll on Creepy Crawlies. And in the comments section, Jodi asked, “Could we please do a poll regarding bats? I’m extremely phobic and when I happen upon a bat pic on C.O. I freak out!” OK, fair enough- to the Bat Poll! (Bottom of post.)

Photos from BuzzFeed.

Comments

1. Bats eat insects. Nuff said. And I love me some bat-burritos.

2. I love Rats and Bats It’s Monday!

3. Please tell me there is coffee in the mod lounge?

4. I think this post is just plain Batty *GRINS*

5. BulldogMommy13 says:

Love, love, love Bats! Now, can we have a poll banishing frog/toad pictures? I am extremely phobic & the close-ups posted always give me the chills. Kitteh,puppeh, goaterson, sealio, frog OMG, A frog! Nooooooo.

6. The baby bat screamed out in fright, “Turn on the dark, I’m afraid of the light!”

7. Rhonda B. says:

I love those tiny blankies and bottles! :)

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

So, uh, what’s the purpose of these polls? Is there some vote threshold where you guys would actually stop posting that kind of critter? If so, what is that threshold?

Also, none of the choices on this poll are mutually exclusive. :3

9. Good grief, I squeed out loud at the leetle bat rocking side to side! :-) LOVE bats as a species, but do consider SOME bats er…uncute. Case in point below.

However, the bats that appear here are ALWAYS cute!

10. Everyone seems to be phobic of something- bats, toads…. I loathe spiders, and freak out as well if there’s a spider picture. Bats are adorable! They’re like little mice with wings- and some people might be creeped out by mice but I think they’re cute like hamsters and guinea pigs!

11. Eaturveggies says:

Where is the option that says bats are half cute and half creepy? I’m conflicted.

12. I’m scared of dogs. Will there be a poll to ban dogs?

13. To me, they always look like puppies with wings (fruit bats do), but mice with wings is even more accurate!

14. Rhonda B. says:

@6rabbits, I agree that link is NOT CUTE!

15. Ok, their feet and elbows are kinda gross. But the faces – so cute! And they seem like such sweeties! I will just pretend I don’t see de feet and elbows.

16. I love bats so much that I wrote our local zoo asking them if they ever do bat encounters. (They don’t, alas.) I watch the videos of people in tropical places getting approached by wild fruit bats and immediately feel an urge to go to said tropical places. I wish we had a bat rescue around here so I could volunteer!

17. At the risk of being the lone spelling-stickler in the group: could we fix the typo on “bat’s” on the first option? *slinksaway*

18. I love the bat burritos!

I respect Jodi’s feelings though…if it was a post of spiders I would shriek. I don’t like ‘em, no sir.

19. A baby mouse saw a bat fly out a window. “Look Mommy!” He cried. “An angel!”

20. I’m in Cambodia for a few months, and I have at least one resident bat on my balcony. Generally he takes off around 8 and returns when I’m asleep, but the other night I had friends over for dinner, and part way thru, something went splat on the table! He chucked a fruit pit at us, and did it several more times before we finished dinner. Not sure if he was annoyed at the noise or wanted to join the fun!

21. goggiegirl says:

I love bats and was consumed with envy reading about Sarah’s bat dinner guest. They’re like little flying chihuahuas. I wish I got to see bats in person every day. At times, I’ve seriously considered crafting a set of fake leather wings for my dog so that I could feel like I have a little batty of my own. Keep posting these cute little guys!

22. I *WOULD* vote in favour of bats, but the bad grammar killed it for me. Hmph. *Folds arms, looks snooty*

23. Sharon Wilson says:

BRRRR, that big stethoscope’s cold!

24. Mary (the first) says:

I also can’t vote in favor of bats because of the misspelling. So sorry. I just can’t do it.

25. LOVE bats! I, too, dream of having a ‘bat encounter’ at a rescue place!

26. Gah!!!! EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK!! No!!!! Just. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL

Sorry, I was traveling and missed the poll that I inspired. Honestly, I respect the fact that the cute is subjective. I just can’t even look at a bat picture without freaking out the way some of you would freak out if spiders were featured. Spiders don’t bother me one bit but I get why people are scared of them. So, enjoy the bat cuteness people! I love all our CO peoples and respect our differences. I just can’t look at bats. Or surgeries. Or big ugly hairy dudes in Speedos. :-)