The Wide World O’ Nature

Nature’s majesty shows itself in many ways. Its creatures soar through the air..

GtbbRwE
Or…not.

gWKJKdD
To protect themselves, they adapt different times of camouflage.

9cd8ed2f6ab1f10449c5e28a9ff9545d26518d32-1
They laugh derp in the face of adversity.

animals9-1

dailyfunnies-ca-1
If it’s hot out, they…..suck it up. Or let it all hang out.

funny-animal-photo-088-020-1
They’re very conscious of good dental hygiene.

ipreferpi-1 (1)
They’re also not above poking through the fence poking fun of themselves.

ipreferpi-1
Babysitting presents no problem for the skilled parent.

rebloggy-1
Opera and lawn sprinklers are particular favorites of this fine feathered friend.

Rom1Zfe-1-1
And shyness is NOT an issue for this species.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-26-at-7.04.26-PM-1
From Pleated Jeans.com.

Comments

1. Blue Footed Booby says:

I wonder if that ray meant to do a back flop.

The fox did exactly what it meant to do. They go harpoon mode to catch things they hear skittering through tunnels in the snow. It only *looks* like some sort of spectacular miscalculation.

2. Clairdelune says:

Brinke, you did it again. Thanks for a good laugh at the start of the day!! :-D And for reminding me of why I love animals.

3. Mikeyfur says:

Loved this!! But I had no idea rays could leap out of the water like that.

4. Rhonda B. says:

That owl looks bewildered. It is saying where did all these babies come from? :)

5. looks like that manta ray was eluding a predator, shark perhaps?

6. That owl – I’ve seen that look on elementary school teachers’ faces.

7. Somewhere Gene Simmons is muttering: I, Gene Simmons have created and trademarked the LO-O-N-G tongue.

8. @Kar Gene Simmons, you say? Might just be a Gene Simmons Reference tomorrow.

Might just be.

9. LOL, ksheasley! I can’t figure out how many chicks are in that crowd. No wonder mom’s eyes are bugging out.

10. I wonder if that stingray overshot [whatever it was] a little. :D

Foxes are the bestest.

11. Shelley says:

there’s got to be more to the story with the multi-colored baby birds…

12. I’ve seen that owl picture around, and it always bugs me, because it’s clearly shopped, and they didn’t even do a good job. You can see some of the smaller birds are duplicated.

13. Pirate Queen says:

The deer with the clump of grass is probably a Père David’s deer, now extinct in the wild but being brought back at wildlife preserves. We saw some last week at The Wilds in Ohio. The guide told us the males deliberately scoop up bunches of grass on their antlers as well as rolling in mud … they believe this makes them very attractive to the females! We even saw one that looked just like this.

14. This…this is one of your Best. Posts. Ever.