Second Chance Animal Rescue Needs You, STAT!

wrasslinJust got this Emergency Email screaming in from Jennifer N.! Go, Jen!: “The midwest got hit with massive storms on Monday. A no-kill shelter, Second Chance in Columbia, Missouri lost a large portion of its roof, causing structural damage and loss of important supplies like food and refrigerated medications. The cats housed on-site are unharmed (along with their keeper!), but we need some help rebuilding. (The link above takes you to the SC donation page. To help persuade any ’nuffers, here are some sweet faces you’d be helping to help cushion the blow of a missing roof.)”

People, ya know what to do!

Meko

noroof

ruinedfoods

Comments

1. lindos gatinhos. ["Beautiful Cats" -Ed.]

2. So glad to hear that the pets and people are okay. I just made my donation, though I wish I could do more…

3. yulyndi says:

what are nuffers?

4. Nuffingham (Nuff)
    This is my sanity contraction of “Not-Cute-Enough-Ing-Ham,” though lately it’s mostly been shortened even further to “Nuffer” or simply “Nuff“. This is to say, a Nuff is a local variety of troll which only posts comments expressing how not-cute-enough any particular post is, to its (sadly limited) tastes. Waah, waah. Miz Thinker has a nice bit of doggerel to share with the class, on the subject. Plurals: Nuffs, Nuffers, Nuffinghamsters, Nuff’ams, Turdsifters, Go Make Your Own Damn Blog‘ers, Assbeefs.

5. Donated. Wish I could do more too.

6. whew! i’m so glad no hoomans or critters were hurt!

7. Saffron says:

Donated! Super easy…you can use Paypal. I am so happy no anipals or hoomins were hurt.

@Brinke, if I accidentally call someone at work an a**beef today, it will be YOUR fault. :)

8. @Saffron: duly noted.

9. Rhonda B. says:

@Brinke—- I love your posts! Unfortunately, there are a lot of haters out there who complain about EVERYTHING!

10. Rhonda B. says:

I want Meko!!! What a cutie!!! :)

11. yulyndi says:

@Brinke, I learn something new everyday on CO!

12. I just made my donation too and, as Saffron already said, it was easy with Paypal! Hope the cute lil catsters all find good homes, and get a new roof in the meantime!

13. Rachael says:

Couldn’t be easier to make a donation. Just glad nobody was injured. Whew.

14. Jennifer N. says:

WHO PUT THE ONIONS HERE?!
    Thank you so much for donating. It was so remarkable to see how the community came out to help salvage the remaining supplies and put up a faux roof for the time being. I’ll send some photos when repairs are finished (with lots of cat pictures – we have a lot of big ol’ boys at the shelter lately!).

PS – I think Meko is still up for adoption :)

15. 6rabbits says:

DONE. :-) So glad everyone is OK!

16. Spread ed the word on twitter. Hope they raise enough for that new roof and lots of supplies too!

17. Donated! My cat (who enjoys being the only kitteh) is very glad we don’t live in Missouri, because I’d for sure be bringing one of those sweeties home!

18. Oh, I am so glad to hear that all of the dear sweet kitties and their keeper are okay :) I wish I could donate if I knew where to send my donation :( If I lived nearby, I would not only donate, but also take home a few of those kitties or even tell them to bring all the babies to my place so they will have a warm place to live while the roof is fixed (the thing is I would probably adopt all the babies that stayed at my place) :)

19. Donated via PayPal. I hope they can get the place fixed up soon!

20. donated! thanks for letting us know

21. Donation completed! Can you somehow maybe keep us apprised of how their donations go? It’d be great to hear the “after story”. :)

22. Mary (the first) says:

I donated! Glad the cats and hoomans are ok. Whew!!

23. @MrsBug, yes, I will keep you guys posted. Here’s the latest news article about the repairs – http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a/176628/columbia-community-rallies-for-second-chance-after-roof-damage/

When things settle down with repairs I’ll check in with our director and send an update (with photos!). We have another storm brewing tomorrow, but the makeshift roof is up right now and the supplies we have left are covered.

24. Meko has been adopted :)