NEW Maru- Now, THIS Is A Surprise

Clipboard01Maru…in a box. Who woulda thunk it.

However.

There HAS to be a law of physics that says there is no way His Majestic Blorpness (FAVE FRAME™, above) can FIT inside a box of that size. And yet he does it, on cue and on camera, for the 16th time. No dust bunnies in sight, either.

Comments

1. This video just proves Maru is all floof! We DO want the floof! We CAN handle the floof!

2. p.s. Love how Hana photobombs Maru with a straaaiiiccchhh!

3. Katherine says:

Mugumogu thinks that Maru feels secure when in a snug-fitting box. She’s probably right – same theory as Thundershirts or baby swaddling in operation here.

4. I think even Hana stands in awe of the wonder that is her brother. :)

5. rescue gal says:

Bless Mugumogu for catching that butt streeettch perfectly on camera.

6. Maruuu <3

7. Tony James says:

1. Why don’t Maru videos get a “Blorp” tag?

2. Conclusive proof that cats are mercurial, insofar as they appear to be solid but are in fact liquid.

3. Nature abhors a vacuum. All boxes must contain a cat, otherwise everything we know will fall apart – the very fabric of the universe will rend, hurling us into the eternal inky-black void of deep space. Any box which does not contain a cat right now (a) will contain a cat in the very near future – the ratio of cats to boxes require that cats must “hot-box” in order to maintain the fabric of space/time; or (b) contains a cat, but in a parallel universe. Dimensional Boxing is a skill learned during kittenhood, and maintenance of spacetime is not dimension-dependent, thus the same box can appear to be empty in this dimension but occupied in another. Cats are masters of L-Space manipulation, and can flow between dimensions with relative ease (see point 2). Just because you can’t see the cat in the box does not mean that it isn’t there. Anyone who has gone looking for the cat, and concluded that it had disappeared, only to have it reappear right around supper-time (in whichever dimension you’re in), knows of this inter-dimensional phenomenon.

Sidebar: A small number of enterprising cats (Maru among them) have discovered that they can capitalise on inter-dimensional time arbitrage – the slight differences in time between the various dimensions mean that they can get 3 or 4 dinnertimes every day. Anyone who has tried to put his cat on a diet, and has been puzzled as to why the weight isn’t coming off, will be familiar with this.

8. Copperbat says:

Hana’s all “lookit muh butt” when Maru’s the center of attention. X)

9. This is proof that Maru is not fat – just fluffy. ;)

10. jlamusings says:

YES! Love the stretch captured on camera. I don’t why, but I love when they do that. :-) And I propose another kitteh theory: they are slinkies covered in fur (although maybe that’s ferrets?).
    Tony James, you slay me! hahaha! Reminds me of the Engineers’ Guide to Cats

11. If I didn’t know better I’d reckon Hana is trying to upstage her bro’. What am I talkin’ ’bout? She’s a kitteh! Of course she’s upstaging him!

12. So, Dr. Tony James, how is it my kittehs can fit into tiny boxes and yet when I try to stuff them into a carrier that become magically large and it is almost impossible (well, possible only with great personal injury to myself) to get them into it???? Is it some sort of message the mitochondria send to the cells to make each onethem magically expand? :D

13. Oop,
    *they become magically large*,
    not “that” .

14. You don’t tug on Superman’s cape.
    You don’t spit into the wind.
    You don’t pull the mask off that ol’ Lone Ranger,
    and you don’t question Maru’s ability to fit into any box he damn well chooses.

15. I knew it! Japan has it’s own Maru version of a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space). Just paint that box blue and we’re good to go!

PS – can’t wait for the new doctor!!!

16. Tony James says:

Saffron – a cat carrier acts as a kind of interdimensional Faraday Cage, which prevents the cat from traveling between dimensions to seek out boxes in which to Be. As the cat knows that the continuing existence of life as we know it, laser pointers, small crippled animals, and catnip mice depends upon his ability to find boxes in which to Be, he is resistant to the carrier. Have you considered trading the carrier for one of those cardboard boxes that kittens come home from the humane society in?

17. Tony James says:

Amy – incidentally, I have reliable information that the new series of Doctor Who will feature a new TARDIS (Tabbies Are Relatively Dismorphic In Structure) and a new MASTER (Maru And Sundry Tabbies Exploring Refractions).

Sidebar: the new Doctor,Peter Capaldi, is often mistaken for another popular scottish actor, John Hannah. Any similarity between this actor’s name and that of a certain Round’s sidekick is, I can assure you, completely coincidental. #drwhoconspiracytheory.

18. Marianne says:

I love Maru and Hanna! And, Tony James, you are sounding like Terry Pratchett today!

19. Terry Pratchett? PFFFTTT! Tony James is sounding like NTMTOM!!

20. 6rabbits says:

@Juno 👍😄

21. Carmen C says:

Maru is a master contortionist! Cirque du Fluffeil. :-)

22. Night Owl says:

In the picture it looks like Maru is coming out of a letter envelope.

23. Juno and Tony James! Tony James and Juno!
    Woot! Woot!

24. I guess Maru likes to be contained! :)

25. I have always believed that cats are masters at diapedesis! When I learned this word in one of my college science courses as a term for how cells can change their shape in order to fit into impossibly small spaces, I knew immediately that cats must also use this principle in doing this! Lol!

26. WOW! Maru certainly can fit in that small box and look so comfortable at the same time :D