Yeah Baby She’s Got It*

Venus4(*Headline = 1960s pop culture reference.)

This is Venus, and she is a “Chimera Cat” living in North Carolina. As her FB page suggests, “0% Photoshopped, 100% Born This Way! :).” Below, Venus poses with her Gund lookalike.

Comments

1. OBviously they’re from the planet Ariannus as you can tell….

Lor I’m a nerd.

2. Gorgeous kitty! I always love seeing kitty markings-I’ve fallen in love with those of my calico kitty’s, so I named her Opal.

3. 6rabbits says:

@Kar: Yep first thing I thought, too, fellow nerd! ;-) “Let That be Your Last Battlefield” was the episode. ( I love all those creative ST titles!) But…being such a nerd, I had to double check the name of their planet, and it was “Charon”–Ariannus was where the Enterprise was _supposed_ to be going. I give you full nerd credit, tho, for remembering ANY planet! :-) :-)

4. @6rabbits:

NERD alert!!!

5. Copperbat says:

I’m fascinated by how Venus’ marmalade spills into the dark half of her face and her tortoise spills into her marmalade half.

6. This is just about the most beautiful cat I have seen on this site.

7. Is a “chimera” an actual thing? I’m feeling discombobulated by this kitteh. Send the defibrimaglitterer stat!

8. Bravecat

9. JustAnotherHeather says:

Ambrose- They may take our catnip mice, but they will never take our Freedom!

10. Rhonda B. says:

What a unique, beautiful face! :)

11. Blue Footed Booby says:

@Ambrose Mugwump
    Is it too late to make a Phantom of the Opera joke? :V

@Vanessa Bennett
    Yes. Chimeras are the result of two zygotes literally melding together in the womb. You know how blue-eyed white male cats are often deaf? There are half blue-eyed white/half something else toms that are only deaf on the blue-eyed side. It’s absolutely fascinating but waaaaay beyond my pay grade. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29

12. Saffron says:

@6rabbits and kar
    … and I remember that Frank Gorshin was in that ep of ST! :)

13. annette says:

She’s gorgeous. How do her humans get anything done? I’d just sit and admire her all day.

14. Clairdelune says:

I’m a ST nerd from Day 1 – that was a looooong time ago…. but did not make the connection right away. Thanks, fellow nerds @Saffron and @6rabbits and @Kar for helping my fading memory. Now I do recall Frank Gorshin!
    And Venus’ bicolor gaze is mesmerizing. “getting sleepy*

15. Moonstar says:

Chimera is an actual thing. Even though her FB page calls her a chimera, it also says her appearance is a genetic mutation, and not “true chimera”. Just if you were wondering.

16. Oh I love that cat

17. vulfhild says:

The Wikipedia entry on “tortoiseshell cat” is a good place to start As it mentions, the
    “split face” pattern with black on one side of the face and orange on the other” is fairly common; the differing eye color is a different genetic issue.

18. Purrankenstein