Toesday: Lady Bubbles (+ MGG)

Both Kitties CouchMaru has Hana, and Magilla Glub Glub has the one and only Lady Bubbles, shown here flashing some Major Serious Beanage. We’ve also got The Dynamic Duo fresh off an intense night of lizard hunting in the bathroom. “The lizard won,” says Bethany H.

Bathroom 2

Bathroom 8

Bathroom 17

Comments

1. 13bodies says:

Is it pronounced Majilla or Magilla (hard g)? I’ve always wondered.

Also: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

2. Rhonda B. says:

Love the 4th picture! It looks like the kitty in front says “forget that lizard- I think he’s from the geico commercial.” Kitty in back says “Oh heck no, I will get him and I will nom him- I can almost taste it now!”

3. Mikeyfur says:

Good question 13bodies…[in my head] I’ve always pronounced with the hard g. A little help, please.

4. Blue Footed Booby says:

@Mikeyfur, Rhonda B
    I googled up the origin of the name, and found this:
    “Yiddish megile, from Hebrew mĕgillāh scroll, volume (used especially of the Book of Esther, read aloud at the Purim celebration)”

I have no idea if this is related to the cartoon Gorilla in any way, but it’s apparently pronounced similarly, so in any case I think we have our answer: hard G.

5. MGG and Lady B are as useful as my kittehs when the spot a stink bug. They stare at it really hard…and then do nothing. Cats! :D

6. Tony James says:

@ Bluefoot:
    Have a Magilla,
    have a Magilla,
    have a Magilla and Lady Bub-bles
    (to the tune of a popular Jewish folk song…)?

7. Hard G, like Magilla Gorilla.

8. Smartypants says:

Tony James – now I’ve got the tune stuck in my head…with your new words! LOL.

9. Hard G. We named him after the HB cartoon gorilla since Rwanda has lots of mountain gorillas. We like the song.

10. 13bodies says:

And now I know…thanks Nathan!

And now, thanks to Tony James, I will forever after sing “Have a Magilla.”

11. kallisto73 says:

I’m sure this has been pointed out before, but Glub is a very, very beautiful cat.

12. AWW :D Magilla Glub Glub and Lady Bubbles look so happy together, Bethany H. :D