Holy Bat ResQte, It’s RUBY!

An absolutely stunning video of Ruby The Flying Fox, sent our way by Adam C. His comments follow.

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.36.11 PM_1
“I recently spent some time with a bat carer who had a little red flying fox in care (Little reds are rare in the area so she’s quite special.)”

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.37.52 PM_1 (1)
“Little Ruby is only 3 weeks old and she was rescued from the side of the road.”

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.38.03 PM_1 (1)
“Her ability to adapt is very touching. If this doesn’t melt your heart, you’re cold as ice!”

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.39.35 PM

Comments

1. What’s in her mouth?

2. Cranky Amy says:

Oh, sooo stinking sweet. Love her little expressive ears.
    @SusieQ it’s the nipple from a bottle, just gives her something to suck on.

3. A bat binkie!

4. This was so sweet, I had to go look up the video of “Lil Drac” again, and how that baby bat liked to rock himself. Bats are so adorable!

5. Holy nuks, Batman! Ruby has a binky! I hope she doesn’t get bat hiccups or bat gas from sucking on an open nipple, taking all that air in. She sure is way cuter than the kind of bats we have around here. UGH!

6. So cute! I do love bats. I’ll never understand why they get such a bad rap.

7. She is a real cutie pie!

8. I never thought I would say a bat is cute… but this bat is cute.

9. Rachael says:

Like all bebbehs, little Ruby is incredibly adorable. Between those big expressive eyes and the squeeeeeling when her binkie was temporarily removed, I am completely smitten.

10. I am a bit afraid of bats but have to admit that this baby is very sweet and I wish her the best!

11. I have never wanted to cuddle a sleeping bat before but dang, Ruby is a little darling.

12. Emmberrann says:

I luv bats. Bats eats bugs. Bats r gud. I luv bats. Flying foxes don’t eat bugs, they eats fruit. But flying foxes are gud, 2.

13. 6rabbits says:

I reeeallly need to quit my job and become a bat rescuer. Bats are incredible creatures!

14. AWW :D I hope dear sweet little Ruby lives a long and happy life :D

15. Jenny Islander says:

@1:48: Having watched a baby bat bliss out to pettins, fuss for her bottle, and look innocently into the camera lens like a baby hoomin, I am now watching a baby bat fall asleep with her binky in her mouth. I am now ded of cute.

16. Cynthia M says:

Aww! Reminded me of Lil Drac. So sweet.

17. Ahhhhhh! What a sweet woman and a drop dead gorgeous batteh!

18. Mischief Girl says:

Sleeping time at 1:48–cute, cute, cute! Adorablz!!

19. Mingles' Mommy says:

GAHHHHHH so stinkin cute!!!!

20. She has such an adorable little soft furry head! I want to pet her too!

21. BatBlaster says:

How come most of the cute species of bats live on the other side of the world from me? Why do i feel like petting a soft furry forehead right now. Well, I’ll probably just go to my cat because fruit bats aren’t easily available here.