Who’s Up For Some H2O?

Joey is! All day, every day!

T.O. (Nuffer Disclaimer from the video: “He gets yearly checkups and is totally healthy, this is just his favourite way to drink it.”

Comments

1. Jenny Islander says:

Ha! We have a cat who decided, out of the blue, that he would only drink out of the tub tap while it was just dripping. Yes, like a gerbil. No, he’s perfectly healthy. He would come yell at you if you forgot to turn his drink on. He has recently begun drinking still water again–out of the toilet.

2. sabrina rose says:

I think I’ve seen everything now. I use spray bottles of water to keep my cats away from something, but none of them have wanted me to spray the water into their mouths! Joey is a unique little kitty!

3. WOW :D Joey is one very unique kitty :D

4. Rofl!

5. Joey is really going to town on that spray bottle! (And he is quite the handsome guy!) Now I want a drink of water! :)

6. So adorable how he hangs onto it like its his baby bottle.

7. Oh, how wonderfully weird!

8. doomchild says:

Bottlehab, anyone?

9. 260Oakley says:

Heeding Bob Barker’s advice to always have your pet sprayed or neutered.

10. Clairdelune says:

@260Oakley: LOL!!!

11. What a nutter, haha!

12. I had a cat – Gustavus Adolphus (he passed away in April) who did that too. It started by me trying to use it when he was a kitten from annoying my older cat too much. It worked, but only because he would break off from messing with her to drink from the squirter as long as I would keep it up. He would drink other ways too, and lived 17 years.

13. Smartypants says:

Aww, Oldcat, he sounds like a character!

14. Had one that dipped paw in water and licked it off. They develop some weird habits-but that’s why we love them.

15. Copperbat says:

This is what happened with my cat when I tried to train her off the countertops with a spritz bottle. She loved being sprayed and would catch the water in her mouth. She was never quite this enthusiastic about it, however. Too cute!

16. My kitty wasn’t much of a drinker and I worried she wasn’t getting enough water… but, as she seemed to like drinking from the tap in the bath, I thought I’d try getting her a cat water fountain. One of my best buys ever! It’s on a timer and sometimes I catch her waiting for it to come on!

17. My cat Matilda Rebecca drinks from any faucet that is on. Also from my water glass at night, and from a pitcher I leave out for water for plants. NEVER from the clean water in the cat bowl that I change daily!!!!!

18. WELL…THAT’S SOMETHING YOU DON’T SEE EVERY DAY.