Benny & Penny Go For The Big Swim

Remember when you were young, and you learned how to swim? Maybe you took lessons at the pool, or your parents taught you. Either way, it probably looked and felt a little like this!

“It’s their first swim on the “Big Waters” of our pond enclosure at the Woodlands Wildlife Sanctuary, after being raised in a smaller pen with only a baby swimming pool. Their excitement is contagious! These goslings, and all the other orphaned and injured babies at our sanctuary, will be released back to their natural habitats.” -Monika M.

Comments

1. Blue Footed Booby says:

I don’t know why, but I was expecting something, y’know, dignified. When they started hauling butt in circles without aim or purpose I cracked up.

2. Stressfactor says:

The peeping! The peeping is killink me!

3. Miss Bee says:

The “flip” is the highlight !

4. I had to clap my hand over my mouth to keep from yelling out loud, “GET! OUT! He’s blowing BUBBLES!!”

5. Saffron says:

When they firs got in I was thinking “Well they are just swimming around” and a few seconds later…WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

6. I love the synchronized flappityflappityflappityflappity … well, sort of synchronized. It was actually more “joyfully chaotic.” But still. Loved. It.

7. Smartypants says:

“Look, I’m a motorboat!”

8. Rachael says:

You can just feel their joy and it’s a wondrous thing.

9. Glad it gave you all a good chuckle…I just love the graceful 360…better than many Olympic competitors!
    You can see more of our wild ones on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Woodlands-Wildlife-Sanctuary/495905623759841.

10. Well I can say without reservation, I never drank the pool water before I got in. Everything else though is eerily familiar.

11. Laura DragonWench says:

I have never seen a goose do a somersault in the water like that! I guess it’s something only a baby could get away with, because there was nothing stately or dignified about that little fuzzy butt flipping up into the air. :D