Do Ya Wanna Play Do Ya Do Ya Do Ya

This little Prairie Dog is simply not gonna take no for an answer. And if the cat really doesn’t wanna play, well, there’s always that cardboard box. (Great Jazz Hands display and Backwards Movement going on, too.)

Laughing Squid.

Comments

1. why do these people have a baby prairie dog? More importantly, why do I not have a baby prairie dog?

2. Saffron says:

What a sweet kitteh. I am pretty sure two of my bunch o’ cats would nom on p-dog.

Jazz hands (jazz paws? :D) …too much. DED

3. Love the boxensproing too :)

4. That kitty really wants to play.

5. The hoomins need to start limiting the prairie pup to a single cup of decaf each morning. He’s a little bit jacked up.

6. I am right there with you, Amyliz!! Why do I not have a prairie dog?!? Cutest little thing EVER! That backwards movement is hysterical. Go, little dog, go!

7. I also would like to have a prairie doglet.

8. Sandi Lee says:

Love the prairie dog and kitty combo, but think just MAYbe the little PD might miss being in a prairie dob community since they’re so social. But cute, cute, cute … and perhaps they will become BFFs and everyone will be happy. Love CO … it’s the first thing I look at every time I log on.

9. Shelley says:

I see some Japanese Schoolgirl Stance™ going on too!

10. yulyndi says:

I see the little p-dog has been watching “The Engineer’s Guide to Cats” and taking notes on the cardboard deconstructionism technique!

11. prinsas says:

I’m amazed . . . I would think to a kitteh, baby prairie dog looks jus’ like an overgrown rodent . . . adversary interspecies playtime at it’s best :)

12. Am I the only one waiting for a dramatic bebeh prairie dog (*cue music*) moment?

13. I love that because the animals are so teeny, the furniture looks like it’s made for giants!

14. I wonder also where these people got that baby prairie dog. The cat must think the baby prairie dog is a kitten.

15. This song is the theme for the Kiwi Wonder game (which is cute too!)

16. Mingles' Mommy says:

That’s so sweet. I’d love to hear the backstory on the prairie pup.

17. that was just to cute, lol

18. andrea b. says:

Yes it’s adorable, but … um. A prairie dog is a wild animal, no? And probably best off in the wild, no? Even though ‘best off in the wild’ is not a favorite concept for us humans. I’m trying to be gentle about this. But, yes, I’d want to know the full story before I allow myself a ‘squee!’.

19. That is some excellent Backwards Movement. And I love how, the first couple times the kitty stretches out to play, the Prairie Puppy is all “AAIIEE!! IT’S A TRAP!” and runs away.

20. I’m kinda with Andrea on this — prairie dogs, like all wild critters, are protected by law and should not be pets. I’m thinking that this might be a rehab situation; when I was rehabbing wildlife (with a license, in a state that permitted it, under the auspices of a formal program), the critters would sometimes interact with my cats, making for lots of squeeable moments. Sadly that was long before the Internets….