Did U Ever Know U Were My Hero? (UPDATE!)

Remember the story from last week, how Tara the cat helped protect her hoomin child after he was attacked by a neighborhood dog? Now, Tara The Hero Cat is getting the red carpet treatment, throwing out (sort of) the first pitch last night, at a Bakersfield Blaze minor league baseball game in her home city of Bakersfield, CA.

usa-california-feline
The ball was attached to some fishing line- didn’t go so well.

hero-cat-baseball-pitch
But that’s OK!

Sent in by Trina E.

Comments

1. Tara’s way too busy beatin’ up doggeh’s to be fussed about baseball.
    Also her hoomin Daddy would make a lovely Cute Men of CO Quaterly centrefold. Just sayin’.

2. jlamusings says:

I can’t believe all Tara did was some irritated tail twitching and unhappy meows IN A WHOLE STADIUM OF PEOPLE WITH MICROPHONES & CAMERAS IN HER FACE. holy moley that’s a chill cat! Even my friendly ones would have clawed me to bits to get away. :-D

3. vulfhild says:

I need to see more men kissing cats in public.

4. weaselwardancer says:

Poor Tara. Is there any cat in the world who would enjoy an outing to a baseball game? Don’t think so. Unless he/she was raised in the clubhouse.

5. No, I think football is more her game the way she so beautifully blindsided that dog.

6. Get her a big can of her favourite food and leave her THE F**K alone. I cannot believe she does not hate to be there. To me it seems they are trying to use her to get more youtube views or something. That is downright ungrateful. Sorry for finding this uncute.

7. Servant to Ninja the Cat says:

@jlamusings- no kidding. My cat would have scratched my face off. Then again, she would have run away from the dog too. Tara is a cool cat.

8. I’m incredibly chill and never complain. I’m never without, and I always have love. Don’t purry about Tara Hero Cat. …on second thought, if my humans enter me into a cage fight, come get me. I’m not down with that.

9. She obviously doesn’t mind anything, as long as she’s being cuddled by her hoomin Daddy. She reminds me of my late ginger girl, who would put up with anything as long as she was able to wrap herself around my son.

10. More catsploitation a la Grumpy.

11. Saffron says:

I loff this kitteh. She is very chill…one of my kittehs would be OK with this, the rest would be a bit cautious. :)
    I think it is awesome about all the publicity…maybe it will lead to more kitteh adoptions? Specifically more tabbeh adoptions. When I got my most recent two tabbeh brothers the adoption place said tabbehs are not adopted as quickly as the glamor long hairs or some other fur patterns. So anything that promotes the awesomeness of tabbehs and kittehs is OK in my book.
    Just my two cents. :)

12. jlamusings says:

Aww! Tara Hero Cat, is that you? Good kitty! *scritches her chin and the tabby M on her forehead*

13. dolphin815 says:

Why are we continuing to give press time to this story? A story that results in an animal being put down is never cute.

14. I agree with Puppi, they’re milking the attention. If they want to show gratitude to the cat, leave her be!

15. Romancing the Loan says:

Her expression in the first picture seems to me to be saying “Next time, I will let him die.”

16. she is a huge cat!

17. murkle46 says:

She is big kitty,sturdy and muscular.
    I think she will be able to recover well from the indignity of being celebrated by mere hoomins.

18. Nothing like humans trying to make something stupid!

19. Mingles' Mommy says:

You just know this cat is thinking, “No good deed goes unpunished. Next time, I stay out of it. I WANTED treats. I WANTED a can of tuna. But what do I get? THIS.” (My cats would shred me – they get mad if I try to take them to the vet. Things can get quite dramatic.)

20. AWW :D Tara looked like she was wondering why am I here :D