Rats It’s Monday: Tribute 2 Reepicheep

“I planned to send you these pictures of my sweet little Reepicheep for ‘Rats, It’s Monday,’ but she passed away this past weekend (after a good, long and very spoiled life!) So maybe it’s too sad to share them on your site, but I still think she’s one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen! In the picture with her eyes closed, I had just been petting her head and she fell asleep. In the next picture, her eyes are just starting to re-open — she woke up and gave me a “put down the camera and continue petting me” look. I obliged!” -Kristin W.

DSC06481

DSC06482

Comments

1. katrinab73 says:

awww :( so sorry for your loss. reepicheep is so cute! Glad you shared.

2. kimmiegirl says:

Obviously she was very loved and spoiled rotten. It’s always nice to see a happy pet, and rats can get a bad rap even though they’re so smart and fun. You will always be able to know that she had a wonderful life with you.

3. dgerish says:

Hugs to you, Kristin! Reepicheep obviously lucked out getting you for a mom.

4. Rachael says:

Kristin W, I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s obvious that your little girl was much loved and cherished and that’s the thought you should keep in the back of your mind as you grieve. I’m sure she’s at the Rainbow Bridge – causing some naughty rattie trouble, I’m sure – just waiting for her mommy. *hugs*

5. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats says:

She was a gorgeous rat. I’m really sorry for your loss.

6. 260Oakley says:

RIP to the awesomely named Reepicheep. And thank you to Kristin and all the other rat parents of CO for contributing to a major change in my rat-itude. I had no idea just how cute, smart, and friendly these little dudes could be.

7. Rhonda B. says:

Awwwww so sweet! Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures of your beloved Reepicheep. Sorry for your loss.

8. Mikeyfur says:

Hugs, Kristin. Thank you for sharing Reepicheep with us even though it was hard for you to do. The Rainbow Bridge is a little brighter today because she is there!

9. Jackie rose says:

Reepicheep was a very pretty little girl, and I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts to have to say goodbye to an animal companion.

10. Mingles' Mommy says:

RIP, precious critter. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos, Kristin.

11. Saffron says:

Sending many many many hugs to Kristin.

12. Vanessa says:

Reepicheep will always be an awesome Rat name!

Where the sky and water meet,
    Where the waves grow sweet,
    Doubt not, Reepicheep,
    To find all you seek,
    There is the utter East.

13. Sorry to hear of her passing. She is sweet.

14. Kristin says:

Thank you so much for the hugs and compassion. One thing I love so much about CO is folks who understand falling in love with our animals. Reepicheep was one of the best pets I’ve ever known. I miss her so much, but I’m also incredibly grateful to have had her in my life!

15. What a beautiful girl. She’s at peace now and watching over you…deepest sympathies.

16. thank you for sharing your girl with us, reepicheep was beautiful. <>

17. Cynthia M says:

RIP, Princess.

18. Marlene says:

I have Reepicheep’s picture on my desktop, couldn’t resist!