How 2 Properly Pet Animals (Illustrated!)

Sometimes petting animals can get a little bit dicey. Oh sure, puppehs love the standard scritch behind the ears..and kittehs love..whatever it is they’re OK with at that very moment. Which is subject to change without notice.

But what about our other kinds of friends? Here’s a helpful guide for ya.

how-properly-pet-animals-1

how-properly-pet-animals-2

how-properly-pet-animals-3

how-properly-pet-animals-4

how-properly-pet-animals-5

how-properly-pet-animals-6

how-properly-pet-animals-7

how-properly-pet-animals-8

how-properly-pet-animals-10

how-properly-pet-animals-11

how-properly-pet-animals-12

how-properly-pet-animals-13
From Bored Panda.

Comments

1. I laughed my head off when I read the fish! :D Too funny!

2. caityrosey says:

This is great!

3. i disagree with the snake one… snakes are solo cute (remember the snake with bunny ears you had at easter time!!)

4. jlamusings says:

HAHAHA! :-D informative too- so if I get kicked by a unicorn, I can have my wishes granted?? The more you know!

5. dolphin815 says:

I was going to say the whole cat should say “only if you feed me and maybe not even then” and the whole dog should say “yes! I love you!”, but then I saw the others.

6. The cat’s No-Petting Zones may also shift daily. Nonetheless, it’s always your fault if you touch one.

7. Ellen W. says:

Okay, look, I want to hug a bear. I’m not going to because the bear might not like it, but I really, really want to.

8. Nucleus says:

Meh, I really, really wanted to pet a unicorn tail!!

9. dgerish says:

I would like a collage I can print out, plz, to hang on the wall.

My cats are almost all belleh-fiends–are they just weird?

10. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’ve seen videos of pet fish that at the very least don’t seem to mind being pet.

Also, the dog I had growing up would go through your legs to request butt scratches. This could be a problem for shorter guests, particular those of the male persuasion.

11. What?! No dragon!?

12. :lol: Depends on the kitty, some actually LOVE having their bellies petted :lol:

13. phoenix says:

I’ve never heard of bunnies liking their legs touched. And hey, what’s wrong with snakes? Although they don’t want pets, so I guess it works out…

14. Some cats love tummy-rubs, and some hate butt-scratches. Take it easy on first try.

15. I don’t see how the dog butt could be a “maybe”. I haven’t met a dog yet that doesn’t love good butt scritches. My brother’s dog just backs up to you so you’re not confused about her expectations.

16. @dgerish: Both of our cats love belly rubs, too. In fact one rubs his own face with a front paw when he’s getting his tum rubbed. I count myself lucky to have cats who trust us so much.

17. My cat will invite me to rub her belly then curl around my hand and exfoliate it.

18. Haha, Brigid, do you mean exfoliate or exsanguinate? :)

19. wuyizidi says:

@Ellen W.: that’s why we have pandas.

20. PurpleBunnySlave says:

As far as bunnies go, I find this one much more accurate: http://castillobunnies.blogspot.ca/2013/01/bunny-petting-guide.html

21. Reblogged this on A place for cat and dog lovers and commented:
    This is handy……..

22. I can pet…and even kiss all three of my cats’ bellies!!! :) ENVY ME!!!!