CAUGHT ON FILM™: Amazing Kenya Bebeh Trunkster ResQte!

You won’t believe this.

Here are a bunch of Adult Trunksters, just kinda hanging out in Kenya crossing a river, which is, well, what Adult Trunksters do. Then a little Bebeh Trunkster floats off, and Mama has got to go reel him in!

Elephant Calf River Rescue, ©Sandy Gelderman : submitted by David P.

Comments

1. awww, bebeh must’ve been so embarrassed.

2. 260Oakley says:

Youngster gets caught up in current events.

3. Aw, what a god mama! Elephants are awesome!

4. Oops, of course I meant good, not god!

5. Blue Footed Booby says:

It’s funny how human-like elephants are. You can see the worried mom-scamper, and then auntie or uncle or dad or whoever the heck’s concern as he/she steps in to help mom.

Also, it’s a heck of current that can wash away a 200+ pound baby.

6. krastins says:

The “floating bebeh trunkster” tag killed me ded

7. Wow. Dad or uncle cousin was watching from the bank and backed down to help.

8. Awww, heffalumps are such good babysitters and mamas.

9. I love how they all hold their tails up out of the water!

10. Saffron says:

My eyes leaked with happiness when bebeh trunkster finally got to shore. I loff trunksters so much!

11. oneskunktodd says:

Ohana

12. Elephants are such wonderful, social, pack animals. This type of family behavior is actually par for course. I don’t know how anyone could ever hurt an elephant, the only animal that needs and elephant tusk is an elephant.

13. Sharon Wilson says:

Mama should walk with the bebeh upstream of her!

14. mplsdeb says:

Oh so true Sam, so true.
    They are such amazing creatures.

15. Jenny Islander says:

Elephants live in separate herds of mature bulls and everyone else (not counting the occasional loner). Judging purely by relative size, it probably went like this:

“Oh no! Junior! Okay, I gotta . . . I gotta . . . Mom, help, I don’t know–”

“Hang on, I’ve seen this before. You really have to shove ‘em against the current. You have to be a lot–oof!–firmer than you were being. See?”

“Oh, I didn’t want to hurt him–”

“Sweetie, better a couple of bruises than drowning, believe me. Now come on, let’s get out of the water.”

*Junior sucks his trunk, which is baby behavior but gosh he was scared*

16. I’M…LIKE…READY TO JUMP OUTTA MY CHAIR TO HEP THE BEBEH!!!
    WHUUU…TO CLOSE FOR COMFORT!