Caturday’s Master Of Mellow

This is Shironeko- another in the long line of famous kittehs out of Japan.

shironeko-happy-cat-63
Bored Panda says Shironeko is known as the Zen Master for his ability to be content and sleepy around the clock. Fair enough. That’s what cats do, after all.

Look at this first video- not much going on…but that’s the whole point. Here’s his website, which looks similar to The Circle.

shironeko-happy-cat-7

shironeko-happy-cat-11

shironeko-happy-cat-12

shironeko-happy-cat-23

shironeko-happy-cat-62

shironeko-happy-cat-3

Comments

1. Killer Klown says:

Sleepy, yes; content, not so much. He is the Yin to Grumpycats Yang.

2. Yay Shiro! A little more information:
    -Shironeko’s name means “white cat”.
    -Shiro’s disciples, all male, are Chatora (“tiger”, orange), Chibi and Chibi (“little”, black and white; yes, they both have the same name, but they are sometimes known as Chibi-Bang and Chibi-Side for their head markings), Mimi (“ears”, grey and white with heterochromia), and the newest youngster, Kuro (“black”, some kinda meezer mix, I guess?). Shiro is also friends with a big ol’ fluff known as Nora (“stray”, although it’s pretty obvious that’s not literally true).
    -They specialize in balancing seasonal produce and flowers, although they will balance other objects as well, particularly in the off-season.
    -This is the most Zen picture ever.

3. Rachael says:

I wonder if he’s ever been photographed with his eyes open. :)

Such a lovely kitteh. I really, really, really like him and his sweet face.

4. He looks like he’s laughing in the picture of him on his back. :D

5. Rachael: It does happen, but not often, and even when they’re open, they’re never open wide.

And I have trouble looking at him and thinking of him simply as “Shiro”. I always think “Shiro and his great big face.”

6. dgerish says:

sugitomo–I thought the same thing. What a lovely boy. And so happy.

7. Shiro is Grumpy Cat’s nemesis. I hereby crown him Blissful Cat.

8. JenDeyan says:

Shiro-sensei is the best, most calming influence on the planet.

9. Melissa says:

I’m sorry I can’t help it. NUETER THAT BOY!!!

10. Whiskers says:

Melissa, he might be a cat that makes other cats on purpose. So long as he’s not going walkabout with those hairballs, it’s all good. *grin*

11. becky b says:

Cute-Overload writer/poster, I’m surprised at your apparent cluelessness! You make Shiro sound like a recent phenomenon, but he has been around for much longer than Maru or Grumpy cat or any of the others!
    To add to what ShinyHappyGoth says about S’s family: Kuro looks very much like a mix of Nora and Shiro–I believe he is their son.

12. becky b, I think you’re right, especially looking at the latest post: http://kagonekoshiro.blog86.fc2.com/blog-entry-8299.html

13. AWW :D These two dear sweet kitties certainly know how to relax :D