Cincinnati Flutterby

“I came all the way from Finland to Cincinnati, OH, and visited Krohn’s amazing butterfly show. They literally flocked straight to me and perched on me- one of them for twenty minutes! Here’s one of those, giving respects to my Helsinki bag (maybe she thought it was some kind of a strange Finnish flower?)

unnamed (4)
From Liisa S.

Comments

1. Yes, I did come to Cincinnati for you, flutterby. We do have butterflies in Finland, but they’re mostly pretty tiny. Your Finnish cousins say hi! P.S. Cincinnati has been awesome so far.

Liisa

2. lovely picture and how lucky of you to have seen them up close and personal like that ;)

3. Martine says:

beautiful…

4. Thank you, Liisa for submitting such a lovely picture. Its beauty overload with this one!

5. There is so much about so many layers of this that I love! Thanks! :-)

6. Leslie says:

holy cow I bet when the flutterby’s wings flap you can here them. he is as big as an airplane :)

7. All I can say is WOW!

8. Athos' Slave says:

We go every year. It is a sight to see and shouldn’t be missed if you live in the area. Go on a slightly warmer day with the sun shining. The butterflies are more active when the sun is out. Also be sure to tour the entire exhibit as they have a lovely area that has native plants in another green house.

9. Claire says:

Yay! for Cincinnati! Often under-appreciated, this town is full of great little gems, like the annual butterfly show. This year’s theme, by the way, is Pura Vida: Butterflies of Costa Rica. I think they should add a sloth to give it an extra bit of authenticity.

10. Claire, I’m obsessed with sloths, so I completely, totally agree with you! ;)
    That was indeed a Costa Rican flutterby relaxing on that pic.

11. Athos' Slave says:

Also, the exhibit is for a limited time… just until June 22nd, so if you plan a trip, plan it before then. The link @nindolphin put in the original post has a link that talks all about it. @Claire – Cincinnati is indeed a town full of gems… and it keeps getting better.

12. @Claire and Athos’ Slave, you both from around here in Cincinnati? :)

13. Athos' Slave says:

@nindolphin – I am a recent addition to the Cincinnati area. I moved when I got married… about 4 years ago.