Just A Couple O’ Mates Hangin’ Out

Sqwark The Magpie: “We’re not supposed to be friends, you know.”

Whiskey The Puppeh: “Why?”

Sqwark: “I’m a bird. You’re a dog.”

Whiskey: “Your powers of observation do you credit.”

Sqwark: “You stole that line from ‘Moonraker.'”

Whiskey: “Yeah, I did. C’mon, this is Australia. Let’s go grab a beah.”

Great FB find by Josh N.

Comments

1. Agent99 says:

Amazing. Magpie really acts like a dog hanging out and playing with his other dog friends. Loved it when he flew to the edge of the sheet and horsed around with that, too. Simply amazing.

2. socalgirly75 says:

Amazing… I’ve never seen a bird behave that way. So awesome!

3. Very intelligent birds. “Magpie playin’ with the silly dog, Take these old clothes pegs and learn to fly…”

4. Very interesting. I suspect the bird must have grown up around dogs or humans. LMAO!

5. Adorable! I’ve never seen a bird roll around on the ground. What sweet friends.

6. Laieanna says:

I didn’t realize how pretty magpies are with their two tone feathers.

7. I thought I was going to see the magpie pull on the dog’s tail.

8. doomchild says:

Haha, brilliant stuff! I wonder how that frienship started in the first place?

9. Saffron says:

Would that person mind if I come live with them? Looks like a nice place to be. What kind of doggeh is that? Looks like a puppeh to me. Either way, doggeh needs to to be snorgled not by magpie but by me! :D

10. Madame X says:

Anyone notice the kitteh in the background begging to be let out?

11. I love, love, love corvids.

12. In the comments on youtube it says that the family rescued (resqute!) the magpie when it was a baby boid. Still, for a magpie to have that kind of personality? Rolling ’round with the goggie? Monkeying around with the laundry, ha! Omigerd…

13. Largepinkserventtocats says:

Well, now I have seen every single damn thing. Are corvids not the coolest creature on the planet?

14. The Magpie lying on his back is unbelievable as that is not a natural position for a bird. I loved this video as I’m a dog and bird lover.

15. I watched a babeh squirrel and a magpie play in my back yard a few years back, but, alas, I had no camera handy. Delightful video!