This Little Knucklehead Needs A Name, STAT!

Cuteporter Joanna tells us:

“Here’s a short video of our newest family member, the tiny little monkey (ahem… puppy) we adopted on Monday night from the North Shore Animal League. He’s a right proper mutt: spaniel + who knows. As we contemplate a permanent name for him, he is alternately referred to as “Pupstein,” “Puppinski” or just “PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY!!!” My husband and I are in love. Our two cats are… annoyed. It would be a great honor to see our newest family member on your site!”

OK, you nose what to do~ hit the comment section HARD with those suggestions! We CAN’T let him get stuck with PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY………can we?

Comments

1. “Bright” came to mind as soon as I saw him.

2. Bogart (Bogey for short)

3. ShazzaNorth says:

Mudge rhymes with fudge.

4. He looks like a little baby bear or seal pup! Great eyes. I would have to do “Bear” or “BooBoo”. Too cute. Congrats!

5. Flash-only because I’ve always wanted a dog named “Flash” (name come of course from The Dukes of Hazzard).

6. for some reason Oliver comes to mind. “Ollie”
    Sweet face…congrats!

7. Sparkles or chewy

8. Totally Jersey says:

Charlie comes to mind. I wanted something that ends in the sound of “EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!” Good luck with the wee pupster.

9. And that linky link isn’t working now…at least for me. Try this one – http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Mason+Rocket+Spy+Extraordinaire/Jrasp?src=5

Every critter needs a theme song.

10. Murphy

11. Shockley

12. Teddy. I named my first beastie that because he looked like a Teddy bear. Of course that became on of his nicknames, along with “Theodore whom I adore” if I was snorgeling him.

13. Msdove-thejrtlady says:

Sparky is what came to mind. Babies definitely provide a spark of life to any home. Congratulations!

14. Norbertsmom says:

Oh how cute is he!
    Hmmm Baxter? Bogart?

15. Oscar

16. Heart stealer. Soul robber. SoCuteI’llNeverGetAnythingDoneAgain. :)

Seriously, I love Charlie for the little guy.

17. Smudge!

18. Ace!

19. I think you said it yourself when you said “the tiny little monkey” I vote for Monk!! :)

20. Rhonda Bingham says:

Onyx

21. Ahhhh, you guys are brilliant! Cute Overload community, I’m feeling the love! It’s funny, we were thinking about middle old man names like Clyde, Stanley… In that vein, I’m loving Charlie, Oscar, Bogart…. and of course, who can argue with “Heart Stealer” or “Soul Robber”? Ahahahaha. You guys rule.

22. well Einstein of course, they are halfway there!

23. Aww, he looks just like a pup I had when I was young. His name was Charley!

24. Looks like he’s already answering to Buddy.

25. Mary (the first) says:

Denzel!!!

26. Jeanne Link says:

Rex
    It’s just a good monosyllabic name- in my book it sound a tad feisty :D

27. gangewifre says:

I’m seconding WoozelAdventures with a vote for Monk! :)

28. Adorable little fellow–congratulations on adding him to your family! For some reason, I am thinking a British name would work well: Nigel or Colin or Rupert. Good luck finding the perfect name!

29. To quote a line from one of my favorite movies, “Of course it’s Pete! Look at him!”

30. Kevin!

31. Wan-chan!
    Haha no that’s just Japanese for PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY, basically. XD
    In truth, Bogart might work well for him, or perhaps Ursa (bear). Because he’s like a teddy!

32. How about Sailor? Kind of ties into the North “Shore” Animal League!: )

33. Whippersnapper! Or Snaps for short. :)

34. Looks like a Mikey to me.

35. Gretchen Feeser says:

(I have a “Puppy puppy puppy” who’s 5 now…)

36. To me all boy puppies look like Charlies to me so here’s another vote for Charlie! It’s a friendly name!

37. Riley.

38. Beauregarde or Beau for short. Means beautiful outlook

39. Chewie! Or Shadow, since he’s a dark little cutie

40. Harry or PITA. But PITA is an acronym for something the cats are probably thinking!

41. What exactly is wrong with Puppy Puppy Puppy? I call every dog I meet puppy (or “bebeh dog”), even if they’re as ancient as the trees.

42. Ok, I’m the meanie of the day, but really, shouldn’t the name kinda come from a combo of the puppster’s own looks and personality as perceived by his/her own person, in combo with that person’s own life experiences and personality? I have a really hard time with the whole “name my pet” thing. Grump grump grump. Ok. Someone needs her lunch.

43. Copperbat says:

Awww he’s sweet and black like Licorice. “Lick” or “Licker” for short!

44. Animal lover says:

How about Eddy or Robin Congrads! He is cutie pie

45. Animal lover says:

I meant to Rubin……

46. sUSIEq — You are probably right. But eat some chocolate anyway! ;)

47. Otis

48. Billie Jo says:

Findley

49. Congrats on your new anipal Joanna! Keep an eye on the kittehs though…if they are off in a corner whispering amongst themselves a lot….beware. :D

He looks like Sir Abraham to me. No particular reason…it just seems to fit. :)

50. Courtney says:

Thesodopholus Ronicular Geebenty The First. He’s very distinguished.

51. Madame X says:

Jack Black. Actually, Cap’n Jack Black, lover and fighter, pirate extraordinaire.
    Rollo. Or Bjorn. Or Ragnar (ok, I’m a bit obsessed lately with “Vikings”)

52. waffles!

53. He is adorable!!! How about Moxer or Snorfie? Good luck with the new pup!

54. Smartypants says:

Pinkerton, Maxwell, Bosco, Riley or Bailey? Or Heinz (as in “Heinz 57″ – a cute term for a mixed breed dog!)

When I was a kid, our black Lab mix was named Blackstone (after Harry Blackstone, the magician) – feel free to use that.

Altho I like all everyone else’s suggestions too…can’t narrow it down!

55. Emmberrann says:

Bouncer? Herbert? Thumper? Flower? Sneakers? Inky?

56. Smartypants says:

Hmm, Teh Interwebs ate my first post, so pardon me if this pops up twice…

Pinkerton, Maxwell, Bailey, Bosco? Or Heinz (as in “Heinz 57″ – a cute term for a mixed-breed dog).

When I was a kid, our black Lab mix was named Blackstone, after Harry Blackstone, the magician – feel free to use that.

But I also like everyone else’s suggestions – I can’t narrow it down much!

57. I saw a couple of people said “Bogey or Bogart” – that’s what I thought when I first saw him so that’s my vote.

58. Guinness!

59. Candy Williams says:

Chaplin? Groucho? Harpo? Zeppo? Keaton?

60. WAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!

that’s not a name. that’s what i saw when he tried to snozzle the camera

okay…uh…how about… The Great Chocolatini?

or… Judicial Review’s Pup O’Schnozzle, (“Judy” for short)?

or… Dewy?

or… Blair? (i know, who’d name anyone that?)

61. Batman. (Chalupa Batman if you must, but at the very least, Batman.)

62. How ’bout Casey?

63. I LOVE the aforementioned names “Waffles” (or Flapjack or Pancake.) And Kelsey said “Snorfie”…I call my pup that as a nickname, love it. Also since he is a dark coated pup, hows about “Licorice” (or “Licori for short) Hows about “Whoopie” (as in whoopie pie.) He’s adorable!!!

64. My faves that the other CO’ers mentioned are: Inky (that fits), Denzel (clever!) and Chewie. How fun to come up w/ names for that ball of cuteness. Let us know!!!!

65. Otto, Theo, Titch

66. Chester or Chet

67. OllieFee says:

Vinnie!

68. Barkley

69. Gretchen Feeser, I think no matter what he name him, he will always be PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY! (just like your puppertino) :)

70. I think you already named him … “Monkey”!

71. Raymie, short for Sir Raimondo Albertino Pupperke III

72. Laura DragonWench says:

I’m sorry, you want coherent name suggestions after showing us that video? I don’t know about anyone else, but as soon as I saw that adorable face and brain-melting eyes, my brain did exactly that–melt. It’s goo, total goo. O_o

Okay, now that my brain has re-solidified (sort of), I’d suggest Monsoon Murgatroyd Rocketman the First. Because, really, are you ever going to call him by his actual name? It’ll be “sweetie” or “baby” or “monkey,” “bud,” “buddy,” fluffernutter,” “mutt-face,” “goober” and any number of other spur-of-the-moment endearments. :D

73. FALCOR. He’s a black Falcor from “The Neverending Story”!

74. BoredNord says:

Spaniel Day Lewis

75. Choc spark :)

76. Walter or Luther…those are fine names!