THIS JUST IN: Maru & Hana: Stairmasters

Japan’s #1 and #1A kittehs, aka The Round Mound Of Girthness and sidekick Hana, decide to play on (what must be) Mugumogu’s extremely clean stairs. What I wouldn’t give to see a video tour of that entire house.

Comments

1. anonymous coward says:

am i the only one who has the feeling that mugumogu lives in the scandinavian part of japan?
    or (s)he really lives in denmark (or sweden or…) and tries to spread the rumour they are all living in the land of the rising sun. yeah, there’s a nefarious plot at play, here, surely.

2. @anony; Mugumogu is a she, and I have no idea how she does it. It does look like The Zen Of Ikea in there. U can eat off of any surface in the house. Amazing.

3. Two important developments here : 1. Since when did Maru have stairs? 2. There is definitely FLUFF on those stairs – shock!

4. Getting to live in a house with Maru and Hana already makes it amazing :3

5. Those stairs look really steep from cat eye-level!

6. Kittehs go up. Kittehs come down. No one can explain that.

7. I’m always surprised, no matter how many Maru vids I watch, at how surprisingly graceful he is despite his girthiness.

8. Madame X says:

Maru tocks! In all their splendid, fluffitudinuous magnificence!

9. @scoobiesnacks the carpet’s edges are worn that’s all, Mugumogu would not tolerate fluff in her house. You want to see fluff come to MY house!

10. This video is addictive. I can watch it over and over

11. jamillahs mom says:

@gigi… And my place too! 3 furr balls in my place and I can build a whole cat with the furr in my place. I love Maru’s swagger around the 1minute mark. Adorable!

12. Clairdelune says:

Stairways tend to be rather steep in Japanese homes, maybe that’s how the house humans manage to stay so slim, but I wonder how they cope when they get older and arthritic. Another mystery to be added to the preternatural cleanliness. Maru and Hana get plenty of exercise on those steps, which gives us an opportunity to admire Maru’s fluffitudinous ‘tocks, @Madame X!

13. Clairdelune says:

@anonymous coward, nope, homes really look like that, but yes, most of those I visited do show a strong Scandinavian influence but that is understandable as most Japanese prefer that simple, linear look and lots of wood, closer to the original traditional homes.

14. Night Owl says:

Maru’s swaying butt killed me

15. How many people are remembering “Alistair Cookie” introducing Grover in “Upstairs Downstairs”?

16. I am so distracted by the ultra clean house. Don’t these kittehs shed? I have tumbleweeds of fluff floating through my house!

17. Maru hearts Hana so much.

18. Those are some pretty swift moves for His Thickness! And I love his ‘shifty eyes’ as he’s trying to figure out how to navigate the camera (and human?) in front of him.

19. I suspect that dashing up and down stairs – although such shenanigans can happen any time of day – is an especially favorite activity at 2:00 am.

20. I used to live in a teeny three-story (plus basement) house with a spiral staircase, which my cats LURVED beyond all reason. They tore up and down, perched to look out windows, stayed juuuust out of reach of visiting humans, wrapped around the center pole to play with their tails, etc. Later I lived in a big old Victorian with two staircases. You should have seen my Maggie the day she discovered she could run in big circles by going up one staircase and down the other, over and over . . . .

21. :lol: Maru and Hana look like they are having fun running up and down those stairs :lol:

22. Laura DragonWench says:

Maru reminds me of a cat our family had years ago. Heckle and Jeckle were two black-furred brothers that couldn’t have been more different: Jeckle was thin and jumpy, Heckle was big and bulky. However, when Heckle was outside and saw something he wanted, that big boy with his pendulous Buddha-belly could move like greased lightening, even outstripping his smaller brother Jeckle. Watching this video, it’s obvious Maru was cut from the same big-boned cloth. :D

Oh, and I’d love to see a video tour of Mugumogu’s house, though I might just explode from an over-abundance of all those clean and hairball-free surfaces. O_o

23. I think that Maru and Hana actually live in another house and the one that we see on the videos is just a filming studio. It HAS to be….

24. My kitty loves running up and down the stairs too! The only problem is the walls are thin and my neighbour keeps sending me text messages to ask if I’ve fallen down the stairs because of the racket she makes!