THIS JUST IN: Happy First Birthday, Hana!

Here’s a video celebrating the birthday of Maru’s playmate, the one and only Hana, who now gets her own tag. ハッピーバースデー、花!

20140410

Comments

1. Birthday picture on the blog too :3

2. I swear, hana is an Egyptian mau with those spotted markings and the tendency to retrieve balls. so cute.

3. 13bodies says:

The look on her face at 2:27 right before she breaks the toy! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

4. I loff that one dark “necklace” stripe she has!

5. tommygirl says:

Aww the end was so precious :)

6. Happiest Birthday, Hana!

7. warm-n-fuzzy says:

I always thought Hana was a Burmese because of the markings on her tummy. She looks so forlorn in her birthday hat, and the way she’s gripping the sides of the table it’s like she’s barely holding on until the hat comes off. Did anyone else notice how shocked Maru seemed when he first met Hana? I could almost hear him thinking, “You mean I’m not the only cat in the universe?” The ending was very sweet.

Happy anniversary Maru and Hana. I hope you never have to wear that hat again.

8. Where on earth did she get that hat? I mean who makes birthday hats for cats?

9. Janet in NYC says:

Happy Birthday, Hana! We love you

10. The hat picture made me snortlaff, then the video’s unbelievable sweetness nearly choked me up. Mugumogu loves her kitties! And they love her, and each other. Happy birthday, littlest flower.

11. She certainly was a busy little kitty! I love the part where she is gnawing on the bull. So, at the end, it says she loves Maru and it is obvious the feeling is mutual!

12. Hey! That hat pic wasn’t there before! Poor Hana. So mortified!

13. That’s actually a Dutch speed skating hat. She’s going for 10,000 meters.

14. AWW :D Happy Birthday, Hana :D I hope you have many more (20 years more) :D

15. So glad that Hana and Maru have each other. Happy Birthday little Hana!

16. Cynthia M says:

Happy Birthday, Hana! You have a great big brother.

17. Once A Fish says:

Hana vs. the giant cow was my favorite part (after Maru love, of course).

18. Happy Birthday sweet Hana <3

That video was so great and such a sweet ending!! Now have to run and give my kittehs hugs.

19. Happy Birthday, Hana! I love the first bit, when Maru sits placidly and watches her walk up to him, and only when she gets close does he suddenly jump as if startled. Only Maru!

20. Katherine says:

Only the Japanese would make hats for cats that have room for ears. Sheesh.

21. Clairdelune says:

Loved the whole thing, but especially the love fest at the end between Hana and Maru. Twice I had two cats, and both times they hated each other. Lucky Mugumogu!!

22. Smartypants says:

That’s not a hat, it’s an ear bra!

I love these two.

23. denvercat says:

Not a chibi cat any more!!

24. Such a precious look at little Hana through her first year. I am so happy to see that she gets “alone” time with her as the center of attention sometimes. The part at the end makes it so clear these dear ones are well loved and love each other. Hana has brought out a whole new side of Maru. Happy Birthday Hana!