What’s in a Name?

“”Chewie” (we have a Star Wars theme going…). When he starts to gnaw on things (or people), we say, “Chewie no chewing!” Taken with an iPhone, by “me.” -Jason W.

“This is my brother’s cat, real name, “Buddy”. *I* call him Mr. Kittypants, because I think that’s his true name. This picture is him indicating that I’m clearly not paying enough attention to him. Also, here’s a link to all of my pics of him, since a good auntie takes tons!” -Carrie.

“Hi Cute Overload! I just adopted a kitten from the Windsor-Essex Humane Society. I think he is just the cutest thing ever. I named him George Michael (as in Michael Cera’s character from Arrested Development). He is the love of my life!” -Vanessa from Canada.

“Fred Baby the Tuxedo Cat.” -Avivit Bar-Yosef. Shot by Vivi.

“Hello! This is my exotic shorthair kitten, Celeste. She is super playful … and sometimes she sleeps with all legs akimbo.” -Tiffany. Photo by Alex.

“This is my 8 wk. old kitten, Zuko (named after ‘Grease’ character Danny Zuko), showing you his toe beans. He hopes you like them enough to put them on your website. -Holly J. (long-time fan of CO!)”

“Jarvis P. Weasley.” -Josh Norem, The Furrtographer.

“Look at this little guy. HE DOESN’T HAVE A NAME YET. Any suggestions?” -Julie.

Comments

1. Looks like a Coal, to me :)

2. Tim McDaniel says:

Give him no common name:

Nergal-Sharezer the Rab-Mag!

It’s a Biblical name, and (after a spot of regicide) he became king of Babylon. A nice distinctive Nerg for everyday use, but something long and thundering for after the incident with the paint, the box of Kleenexes, and that poor poor dog.

To descend into seriousness, the best rule I’ve ever heard is “don’t name a cat or dog anything you’re not willing to shout around the neighborhood at 11 PM”. For example, if Mr. Kittypants ever bolts out the door, Carrie (supra) is doooomed.

3. The last little guy looks like an Ewok. Name him Wicket.

4. sabrina rose says:

Name him Smoochie, because he’s so adorable that’s what you’ll wanna do all day! And if you go around the neighborhood calling his name, maybe Mr. Right will appear right in front of you!!!

5. too much, that unanmed kitten should be snorgled constantly, Poor Jarvis is so cross-eyed but sweet looking.

I’m glad to see that they lef George Michael leave during the second hour of silent prayer.

6. Skeeter!

7. Clairdelune says:

As for the unnamed darling, that’s all I could think of, Darling or Adorable. Chewie has the sweetest curled up paw, the curled white toes are begging to be smooched. And George Michael would cause me to stay home all day neglecting all else, lost looking at that sweet little face. I would also have to stay home with Jarvis, to try and make him happy – oh my, those emerald eye should not look so sad. And Celeste… OMG, she has a heart on her shaved pink tummy!!! CO, my brain circuits just blew up under the overload. *thud*

8. Aww he looks like a little Kurosuke, after the makkuro kurosuke (soot sprites) from Totoro! <3

9. Duke.

10. Stephanie says:

I think he looks like a “Bumble”

11. murkle46 says:

Murphy Meow-meow McFlufferton Floofypants

12. Jarvis I love you!
    And for the kitty who needs a name: Bobo.

13. Tracy G says:

Wolfgang: He’s the color of a wolf…first thing that came to mind! :)

14. lustre7 says:

Hotchkiss …

15. Argh! I wish we could reply to comments. Because I want to hand Tim McDaniel the internets, which he has just won!

16. paula fisicaro says:

buster brown

17. Kwheezy says:

Snugs

18. phred's mom says:

Name him “Moose”.

19. @AuntieBellum, I second that :( Who do we complain to about this :( The older version was fine as is :)

20. @Julie, the name Jeffery came to me :D

21. Lisa marie says:

I Ike Smoky for the Unamed One

22. Ewok. For the Star Wars theme plus he kinda looks like one!

23. Obviously, he should be called Mr. Magoo.

24. Patottie – because he is a cutie!

25. Erich Dalton says:

I humbly submit….Mocha.

26. Baby Dear It’s from an old WC Fields movie.

27. Doolie or Pots