An Important Announcement to Sports Fans

During the upcoming NCAA Final Four, you may find yourself becoming overly engrossed, at the expense of everyday household chores. While dishes and laundry can wait, it is very important to walk your dog. Many dogs are forced to extreme measures during this time. Thank you.

image

Comments

1. Blue Footed Booby says:

Elderly labradores and the sweetest, bestest dogs on earth. It’s a proven scientific fact.

2. Killer Klown says:

Hee. Today I saw a woman attempting to walk a little Samoyed or Eskimo dog puppy (they both look like a fuzzy marshmallow with eyes, after all). I say attempted because 1> Sled dog and 2> Puppy. This was further complicate by the fact that the little guy/girl had grabbed on to the belt on mommy’s coat and was dragging her along – the belt pulled just as taut as the leash was. I’m not the sort to take random pictures of strangers, and going up to ask would’ve likely gotten them to stop; but still, I wish I had photographed it.

3. Meanwhile back at home, a lonely young man is throwing a frisbee to himself.

4. Where was this picture taken? It looks like a beautiful place :-)

5. Dog Lover says:

Poor guy. I hope he didn’t have to rub his own belleh and tuck himself in. :)

6. I bet he will be back home soon, cheering for the UCONN Huskies.

7. Now let me see, I have the leash and the collar on… What am I missing?

8. sabrina rose says:

It looks like England to me…a delightful village with doggies so well trained that they walk themselves and STAY INSIDE THE CROSSWALK!!!

9. Susan M. says:

Precious!

10. Fully obeying the Leash Law.

11. I’m guessing this picturesque town could be Leavenworth, WA. Its Bavarian-themed architecture is intended to play up its mountain-town charm. (The vehicles also make me think this is in the U.S.: pickup and SUVs instead of European cars.) It’s also super dog-friendly!

12. My parents used to have a (now passed on, alas) wonderful sweet Newfie who liked to “walk herself” when being walked. Although she always had a hoomin attached to the end of the leash, she would still take the leash in her mouth like the Goldie above, and walk around with her head high, very proudly, like she was the one in charge.

13. Mamabear says:

Following the leash law AND the using the cross walks! Town might be Helen, Georgia. It’s a cute little town (best visited any time OTHER than during their Oktoberfest festival).

14. Re: the location: Solvang, CA also looks like an Alpine village. I couldn’t find an exact location (in Google Street View) that matched the picture above, though.

15. thelittlemyrmidon says:

OK, I have found that this definitely is Leavenworth, WA. Note in the right hand edge of the photo, the name “The Hat Shop. You can see a picture of this same shop at the webpage: https://hatshopwoodshop.com/leavenworth/gallery.htm
    (Note the mural above the names.)

16. i think Jennifer B is right. here’s the original photo http://imgur.com/gallery/sOgebSU the Hat Shop / Wood Shop in the background is in Leavenworth, WA

17. It is indeed Leavenworth, WA. It is a very dog-friendly town. It is looking east on Front Street when entering from Highway 2. If you want to know more about Leavenworth (our favorite place to visit), you can see pictures at the website we built to help other tourist find out about our favorite place. http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com