Cobayo y Princesa

We have seen many great interspeshe pairs here on CO; sloths ‘n kittehsbunnehs ‘n piggehs, turtlets and flutterbyes, the beat goes on….we loff them all. Today we have a new one for you! Puppeh ‘n Guinea pig! Their story is a curious one.

“We have had Cobayo in our lives for 4 years and during that time he would not socialise with anyone. (No matter how hard we tried, he would bite bunnies, cats, chinchillas and some people too.)”

“This Christmas, we brought Princesa home and they cannot live without each other ever since.”

“They like to sunbathe and play all day long. They even TALK to each other (in their ‘languages’, of course)!”

“I am a loyal follower from Galicia (northwest of Spain) and I have finally decided to send you some pictures of Cobayo and Princesa. Cobayo has changed completely since he met Princesa and they sure make a cute couple!” -Estefania G.

1. Jennifer says:

Which one is which?

2. Guinea pigs can be called Cobayas in Spanish, hence Cobayo is the male Guinea Pig. ¡Una magnífica pareja Estefanía!

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

That’s a big guinea pig.

4. Killer Klown says:

Having had a couple of Guinea Pigs when I was younger, I can guess that what’s going through this little guy’s head is ‘Hey, finally! Something more unreasonably terrified of the world than I am!’ Still, they’re adorable.

5. They are so adorabletogether! Glad that Cobayo is a happier Guinea Pig now!

6. I absolutely love this! Also, I have to say, Cute Overload, I love your blog bunches and bunches! You are bringing sweet and happy moments about in a world that is often very troubled. God bless you for your awesome blog! Thank you always for sharing! :)

7. At first I thought it was a capybara. I guess I don’t quite appreciate just how small chihuahuas are.

8. Mikeyfur says:

Wish there was a “like” button so I could tell Killer Klown how much I liked the “unreasonably terrified” comment. I totally agree.

9. Mingles' Mommy says:

That is so sweet! Our guinea pig was terrified of our dog.

10. I’ve said it before, but I feel the need to say it again: Guinea peegs have the cutest mouths! I’m glad that Princesa y Cobayo have each other and feel safe and secure.

11. That’s a beeg peeg! Or a tiny cheewawa.

12. Just proves the old adage that there’s somebody for everybody!

13. warm-n-fuzzy says:

Love the top pic—Princesa gazing adoringly at Cobayo.

14. Smartypants says:

Juno – yes, I thought it was a Capybara too! What a great team they make. Hi, Estefania G. in Spain! (waves enthusiastically).

15. They clearly ping from one another!

16. Estefania G. says:

You posted it!!! Thank you very much!!! And thank you for the comments too! :)