Dude, Where’s My Treat?

Magician & mentalist Jose Ahonen practices “Now U see it, now U don’t” on some furry friends!

From Sami K., Kaisa H., Lisa J. Noelle H., Kim S. and Samantha G. And prolly many more.

Comments

1. Barking pupster was speaks for all the doggehs who were duped by this man. Totally, “Dude, what’s wrong with you! Are you part cat or somethin,?”

2. Marianne says:

“That’s not fair! You said you’d give me a treat! I turn my back on you! Pppbbbttthhh!”

3. Copperbat says:

This was adorable. I normally dislike those kinds of “tricks” being played on dogs (fake-out stick throw, etc.), but I just loved how all the different doggy-personalities showed up when they couldn’t figure out what happened. Searching the floor, smelling the magician’s breath, scolding in righteous indignation. I just love this video!

4. The one that barked looked nervous and distrustful from the start.

When the treat disappeared, it only confirms his worst fears, that the man is an evil magician.

5. Poor poor puppies. BAD MAN! Come to my house! I will give you alll the treats you need!

6. Mikeyfur says:

Their reactions were all so similar. The startled and mystified looks were so funny. Bet they all got lots of treats after the filming was over.

7. Dog Lover says:

Aww, I couldn’t help but feel bad for the doggehs. They’re so trusting and they recognize unfairness when they see it. On the other paw, those reactions are pretty funny. :)

8. I did read somewhere that the dogs were given treats both before and after the trick. I love their reactions. All the way from, “Where did it go?” to “You’re freakin’ me out, man.”

9. Dogs have a really good sense of smell so you’d think they’d find it wouldn’t you? Of course they may only show the ones who don’t figure it out. I think the treat is on elastic and he hides it in his sleeves.

10. Totally Jersey says:

Give the puppehs a cookeh!!!

11. Shaz aka Sharon says:

The shepherd was the funniest, in my opinion. The looks of confusion, hilarious!

By the way, I was thinking the same thing – POOR DOGGIES!! But I went to the You Tube link and the caption says this: Do dogs react to magic? Watch as magician & mentalist Jose Ahonen vanished some dog treats under their noses. By the way, all the dogs got treats before and after the trick :)

12. Who else thinks Handsome Magician Man is going to get a karmic turd in his shoe?

13. I love how the rotty trusts the human more than his own eyes. His reaction to being confused is to look to the trickster for reassurance/comfort. Or maybe he just knows that evoking sympathy is the best way to get a reward :)

I also enjoy how so many of the dogs look at the other human(s) in the room (behind the camera) as if to appeal to them for help. “This guy stole my cookie! Make him give it back!”

14. Not funny! PLEEEEEZE tell me that all the puppies got treats for participating. I think the shepherd’s face summed it up best – he was not amused in the least.

15. @VanessaBennett – “part cat” – just too funny. :lol: You win the comment of the day from me!

16. Sharon Wilson says:

All that magician needed to do was put the treat under a plastic bucket with another dog!

17. Dude… that’s so mean… :-/

18. I swear that German Shepherd was saying, “I’m being punked, right? Right? Maybe some old school Candid Camera?”

19. Ok as cruel as that was..the looks on those puppers faces was to die for. It was like WTF dude, where’s the effing treat!?