Another Childhood Memory Trashed

When I was just a little NTMTOM, Mommy NTMTOM would take me to Enchanted Forest, “where fairy tales come true.” And there, among the colorful storybook castles, was Timmy the Talking Trashcan. “Feed me your popcorn boxes and candy wrappers,” came a cartoon voice within, and mesmerized I did, earning a jolly “thank you!” every time.

Only in my later years did I learn the mundane truth: What I was convinced was wondrous magic was merely the product of ambitious enterprise and a gift for ventriloquism.

Comments

1. What in the world .. Who in there right mind would throw away a prefectly good raccoon ?!?

2. This little dude looks like he’s driving a green robot!

3. Mikeyfur says:

You outdid yourself NTMTOM. Don’t stop believing! May all your fairy tales do come true.

4. “Mommy NTMTOM”–how I wish I could meet her. She must be a brilliant woman. Whose initials are MNTMTOM.

5. Jennifer, FTW.

Lor, I miss the thread format.

6. NTMTOM! You are hilarious, super cute and adorable! Great job raising such a talented son, Mommy NTMTOM!

7. jlamusings says:

ha!! And might I add: childhood memories flooding back! ACK! I remember going to the Enchanted Forest when I was a wee one…so the imfamous NTMTOM grew up in the northeast, eh?

8. jlamusings says:

oops…infamous. >_< must remember to check before posting….d'oh

9. Emmberrann says:

Thank you, Mommy NTMTOM.

10. As in, Not That Mom, The Other Mom?

11. Android costume?

12. Maybe he really wants to play Titanfall but doesn’t have a Xbox One.

13. kallisto73 says:

When NOMTOM was just a little NOMTOM??? That totally cracked me up!

14. Killer Klown says:

Oh, man. I remember Enchanted Forest too. I loved the place – but I hated the tv commercials. The singing. Oh, gods. The singing…

15. I wonder if they’ve thought about moving this to Elioak with the other wonders of Enchanted Forest?

16. Another one who remembers Enchanted Forest, vaguely, from many years ago. Mercifully we only went past when driving to visit relatives in VA, so I didn’t get the singing ads on Philly TV.

17. sabrina rose says:

I thought you meant the Enchanted Forest in southern Oregon. No? (There’s probably one or even two in every state.)