More Owls, Yes, MORE OWLS!

Aye yi yi yi. Owls are HOT this week on The C.O. Today, we take a look at the adorably grumpy Tuluko Of Tokyo. Tuluko’s hoomin posts lots o’ shots on Twitter.

sdsdsdsdsds

melty-owl

cute-owl

cute-owl6

cute-owl4

cute-owl7

cute-owl9

cute-owl8
First two photos from Twitter, all others via RocketNews24, of course. Tip from Andrew Y.

Comments

1. So, is this an owl that thinks he/she is a cat?

2. ok .. this post is just begging for this …

.. WHO ? ..

3. I want one >:3

4. Awww! Who’s a grumpy owl? Who??

5. Dog Lover says:

I just love people who see enough beauty in any animal to extend their love and care. An owl might not be the easiest creature to love, based on its kinda scary look, but I love that this hoomin cares so much. And the best part is, Tuluko seems to be a lovely guy and a wonderful pet! :)

6. warm-n-fuzzy says:

So why is this owl being held in captivity rather than being set free? No matter how cute, wildlife, not good house pets.

7. okoidkvn says:

Would a hooter joke be inappropriate?

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

@warm-n-fuzzy
    What the heck is it with this site and demanding justification for any animal that isn’t a dog/cat or in a zoo? Are there so few plausible explanations that we’ve just GOT to assume the worst, or is it some kind of nuffing-as-advocacy?

9. What a cutie, must be a whooot having him around.

10. Disapproving rabbits, eat your heart out.

And why assume that it’s being “kept in captivity”? For all we know, the owl has some injury that makes it impossible for it to survive in the wild.

11. twocityshibas says:

Hmm… I have a sudden craving for a Tootsie Pop…

12. warm-n-fuzzy says:

Gee, I was just asking. But it’s no secret—or at least it shouldn’t be—that healthy wildlife are better off in the wild.

13. I love how owls seem to be avian cats – similar facial expressions, great eyes.

14. Hooter joke indeed. Apparently he’s squatty because his person has heated floors. This winter, I’d be squatting on a heated floor too.

15. I don’t think he’s grumpy. I met a guy who had an owl rehab center in RI, and he was missing like 3 fingers because owls have seriously powerful snaps… so this fella is prolly just playin’.

16. I think we need a hooters in hooters tag for the final picture. :)

17. I didn’t think owls could get any cuter until I saw the squatty owl.

18. ::patiently awaits all the little owls that will be dressed as the 12th Doctor considering Peter Capaldi is one::

19. Just think. All our pets were once wild animals. I’d like an owl pet. Please?

20. Yes sugitomo! I thought the exact same thing! Squatty owls ftw!

21. WTF, “scary” look? Those eyes! That fluffyness!!! *ded*

22. Mamabear says:

Thank you for saying that Blue Footed Booby, I grow weary of it too!