It’s Sub Zero Out There!

Actually– it’s Sub Zero right here! That’s the name of this Prosh Dashboard Duckster. According to TheIndyChannel.com: “Chris Rhodes, of Crittenden (Ky.) , says her pet duckling imprinted on her, follows her everywhere and gets really loud when she leaves the room. He was named that because he hatched in those far-reaching negative temps when it was 20 below zero around the Tri-State back in January.”

Twenty..below..zero. (Say out loud. Slowly.)

Thanks to Kristin R. (MHS ’78.)

Comments

1. Well, that’s just ducky! Sigh, must say that this new and (?) improved version of the dear old site just doesn’t do it for me. To fix what ain’t broken and to improve on perfection seems to be the American way. Sigh.

2. rocky griffin says:

This was an awfully large duckling. The wing was bare looking and I would expect a duck of this size to have much more plumage but this guy looked like he had more down on him. This guy will prolly be a huge duck when he is matured!

3. rocky griffin says:

That was a super cute outfit on him!

4. Stressfactor says:

Well, the lady did say that Sub-Zero hatched from eggs which were supposedly duck-chicken hybrids. Sub-Zero might end up being a little odd looking for a duck as a result but as long as he’s happy that’s all that matters!

5. Madame X says:

Huh, Stressfactor, I think she meant that half the eggs were chicken eggs and half the eggs were duck eggs – I have never heard of a duck-chicken hybrid. I’m not sure it’s even possible without genetic manipulation…
    But Sub-Zero is quite a handsome fella, and certainly very proud of himself!

6. Groucho: I’m alright, how are you? I say, here is a little peninsula, and here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.
    Chico: Alright, why a duck?
    Groucho: (pause) I’m not playing “Ask Me Another,” I say that’s a viaduct.
    Chico: Alright! Why a duck? Why that…why a duck? Why a no chicken?
    Groucho: Well, I don’t know why a no chicken; I’m a stranger here myself. All I know is that it’s a viaduct. You try to cross over there a chicken and you’ll find out why a duck.
    Chico: When I go someplace I just…
    Groucho: (interrupts) It’s…It’s deep water, that’s why a duck. It’s deep water.
    Chico: That’s why a duck…

7. twocityshibas says:

A duckling in a sweater????? *thud*

8. Stressfactor says:

Ah, ,got it. And yes, Sub-Zero certainly seems quite sure of himself — no matter what that ‘himself’ is wearing or how he’s living.

9. Dog Lover says:

OMG, I love that story!!! :)

10. I want a dashboard duck too!

11. Responding to Angel’s comment about the new site. I’m ok with the general changes (although I liked the old version), but I really dislike the way the comments are. It makes it really difficult to follow the comments in order, or to have a conversation. Any chance of returning to a good old fashioned linear format? (Even though I don’t comment much here, I do read them quite a bit).

12. Sharon Wilson says:

Somebody get that sweater to the Aussie penguins STAT!

13. He looks like an Easter egg in that sweater. A cute, round, fuzzy easter egg.

14. Laura DragonWench says:

@plmd: I’m with you as far as not liking the comment layout. The rest of the layout… eh. But zigzagging back and forth across the page to follow the comments is frustrating; I wish they would return to the old linear layout, too.

Oh, and I want my own dashboard duck as well!