Murdock The Marvelous

Murdock came in during one of my Sunday shifts at the Sonoma Humane Society, where I work as a Registered Veterinary Technician. He was only a few weeks old. He had a chronic infection in both eyes that had caused them to rupture. I took him home with me that night to take care of him & he never left. I didn’t plan on keeping him while I was fostering him, but we went through so much & were very attached to each other by the time he was fully recovered. He was sick for a long time & almost didn’t survive his first surgery. He’s a true inspiration, not to mention the most amazing, handsome cat I’ve ever known! -Anna H.”

1921931_640199422701381_82969042_n
[Comic Geek Notice: Named after Matt Murdock aka The Daredevil, natch. -Ed.]

Comments

1. AWW :D I am so glad to hear that you gave dear sweet Murdock a loving forever home, Anna H. :D

2. rocky griffin says:

Not only do you have a handsome cat but he has a Super cute friend also. That is a very blessed cat!

3. Awww, an orange tuxie! With little white booties!

4. Wrong outfit for Daredevil .. hehe

5. Blue Footed Booby says:

He needs plastic googly eyes stuck to his face.

Also, yargh what happened to the site? I fear change. D:

6. What an adorable dynamic duo! If I get into a bind, I hope these two come and rescue me. Kudos to Anna H. for making Murdock a part of the family–it looks like he fits in just fine.

7. Kudos for the new format! Long overdue and looks awesome!

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

Gah, this layout. So:
    -the reply button is gone
    -comments are split into two columns with an unbroken divider between the two, yet they flow left to right before they go down. basically, the layout is lying. Paired with the lack of obvious reply mechanism even starting posts with “@UserName” is needlessly confusing
    -the colors managed to get even more embarrassing, and now my coworkers think I’m surfing a site that advertises feminine hygiene products. More importantly, the hard seam where the gradient tiles has too-high contrast thanks to the complimentary colors. It’s actually physically uncomfortable to look at directly.
    -functionality has been removed (recent post list, tag cloud, etc) that easily would have fit in the wasted space to either side of the single column, at least for larger window sizes
    -I can find no avenue for complaining about this other than misusing either the submissions link or comments for a particular post

I bet this giant wall of text is going to bork the comment flow, too.

9. Superkitteh! What a wonderful story. Bless Anna for taking him in and providing such a loving home. <3

10. love the new look

11. ❤️Murdock!! What a handsome pair

12. thank you for taking in this Creamsicle baby and giving him a life he can be proud of!

13. man I hate that I can’t flow from 1 post to the other from the bottom of the page, makes for such a hassle. :(, but I love this sweet kitty and the happy ever after ending

14. Head ‘sploded, work of CO done…………

15. Dear Blue…..
    We’ll miss you.

How about that adorable couple of super-heroes? Wonderful story, beautiful picture! I’m liking the new look, CO!

16. Msdove-thejrtlady says:

I unfortunately have to agree with pretty much all that Blue Footed Booby gave for feedback. I am only on my second post on the site and will likely not return until tomorrow and never get caught up with the posts due to the colors chosen for the background have already given me a headache

17. Yeah, I miss the reply button too, Easier to follow threads.

And that cat should’ve been named Streaky, obviously.

And Rescute! Obviously!

18. Emmberrann says:

I, too, miss some of the functionality of the previous layout. I am not a fan of having thefacebook/twitter/pinterest floating on top of my comments, either. But this post is dear and sweet, and Murdock is a very inspirational kitteh.

19. Daniela says:

I love you Murdock

20. elishab says:

Sweet story,super family to adopt him.
    That being said, the change to CO site is a bit unnerving. Updates are nice, but some instructions or a headsup would have been nice too. I guess I missed the memo.
    I’ll continue to view pics, but not sure about posting……makes me sad…..

21. Springing this new harder to read font on us is anti-cute.

22. 100% agree with Blue Footed Baby

23. didn’t have to read the backstory – the matching hero outfits sucked me right in.

24. Peanutcat says:

What a lucky little kitty!

25. I agree with everyone here that I rather have the old layout :( I am also trying to find the video that was sent from YouTube to CuteOverload called “Tough Kitty”.