I’ll Have Earl Grey, A Scone, AND A Marmie, Please

Cuteporter Cyndie C. (“Cup o’ tea, a scone and a cat…what more could you want?”) sent this in…London’s first Cat Cafe! Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium is now open for the CO London Peeps. (If you go, send us some more photos!) Lagging waaay behind The Big J, but hey–ya gotta start somewhere.

ladydinahs 13

Clipboard01

fdsf

fghgggggggh

ladydinahs 16

ladydinahs 17

ladydinahs1
From Wired UK.

Comments

1. victoreia says:

It’s so unfair that I don’t live in London! (Or, that nobody’s done this in Honolulu!) *pouts*

2. Tea; hairless; hot.

3. doomchild says:

The most heartwarming thing in this post was the “tea menu”. I love cats, but come on – an entire menu for teas? Yes!!

4. I can’t wait to visit this place. Places are being booked up real quick though. Think they’re fully booked for the next 2-3 months already. I wish train tickets weren’t so expensive!

5. Alice Shortcake says:

For one mad moment I thought the object on the floor in the first photo was a huge snake.

6. Saffron says:

Tea AND kittehs? Heavenly.
    BRB…off to buy a ticket to London

7. Roos Biddulph says:

Berlin has one too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pee-Pees-Katzencafé/252160024909000 with 2 very cute cats.

8. Don’t get me wrong, I do like cats; but the thought of drinking tea with a bunch of cat hair floating around… no thank you. :) I was wondering, what kind of loop holes does a place like this have to jump through when it comes to food safety rules and regulations? I really am curious. It’s not that I think places like this should be shut down or banned. I would really like to know, how do they get an A in cleanliness with so many cats?

9. Whiskers says:

Cannot reply TO someone? Ohnoes!

@Anna, they had a long and very elaborate process of getting certified and inspected before opening day. Their facebook page gives details, and is kept up-to-date on their progress.

10. @Whiskers, Okay. I’ll check it out! Thank you! :)

11. @Anna: My guess is lots and lots of lint rollers. And hard surfaces rather than upholstery.

12. In my house, no meal is complete without a few cat hairs. No outfit is complete without a few cat hairs. No life is complete without a few cat hairs.

13. @Anna – ‘Drinking tea with cat hair floating around’ pretty much describes my apartment already. Can’t even make a cup without finding a cat hair in it.
    Anyway, I’m jealous, I wanna go to a cat cafe. My best friend is currently living in Japan and loves the cat cafes there. She says the cats are treated like royalty and cared for round the clock.

14. rocky griffin says:

High class and elegant compliment feline very well. They should have more cute cafes. I wander if Cuteoverload might pioneer this idea in the states!

15. When I was growing up in a farmhouse, the cats we had were always outside. That’s probably why I’m not fond of the idea of inside cats… and the hair that comes with them. :)

16. Right – cat hair in my tea/food/furniture? Welcome to my life. It’s what cat lovers learn to live with. Squeee…

17. AWW :D I am hoping that cat cafes come to the West Coast of Canada real soon :D

18. doomchild says:

Sara, I think I’ll borrow your comment to a forum signature. Do let me know (in comments) if you wish to be named something else than “Sara from CO” :)