ResQtes Around The World!

What we have here (start the video around 1:11) is a little Swedish kitteh who decided he/she wanted to go on a three hour tour by stowing away on the water jets at the bottom of this Stockholm ferry. Read this article in Google Chrome and it will do the auto-translayshe for ya. (Unless you understand Swedish, of course.) Naturally, allt är väl som slutar väl! (all’s well that ends well!)

Then, we head down to Florida where this little one-week-old panther kitten suffering from hypothermia was rescued!

First video from Julie S. and second video from Kimberly P.

Comments

1. Good job, Johan, for suiting up and going into that cold water to save the cat. Just love guys who would do stuff like that!

2. I am so moved by the kindness of hoomins, especially when it’s directed toward animals or kids. Just gets me all weepy, in a good way.

3. Blue Footed Booby says:

Holy cow, that panthlet. There’s only something like 160 Florida panthers left. Saving even one is a *huge* deal.

4. Getting in that cold HARBOR water. And then under that scary ferry… And then he holds up the cat high on the swim back so it won’t get wet. Those are real men right there. ♥

5. Awww! So cute!! Both of them.

I saw news of another rescue this morning, this time a horse that fell into a pool on a very cold day.
    (http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=296853)

6. Sharon Wilson says:

They don’t call bebeh cougars kittens for nothing!

7. whawhawhatsis says:

Another Men of CO nominee, I would say! Such care to keep the kitteh dry — that’s real heart!

8. Hurray for the human cat-amaran! Typical cat doesn’t even hang around to say “thanks”.

9. That ferry kitteh looks a little like Maru–his Swedish cousin, perhaps?

10. I second that, whawhawhatsis :D

11. Oh, man 8O I did not know that, Blue Footed Booby 8O I hope this little panther cub will help with increasing that number 8O

12. Nicefrenchgurl says:

what I find really sad is that the bebbeh is probably lost, and I would love to know whether someone gave it a home for the night before looking for its owner

13. whatthelump says:

A great way to start my afternoon break…
    I especially like how the Swedish cat seems torn between thanking them and doing the nonchalant cat walk.

14. “I am panther. Hear me roar.” Little guy is seriously FIERCE.

15. Firemen to the rescue… again. Yay!!! :)

16. Looks like little panther has been nippin’ in the Dune spice like the post below – he’s got some serious Arrakis blue eyes. A-RAWR!-kis.

17. Cat looked kinda pissed he didn’t get a free ride!
    Seriously, someone couldn’t wait at the dock for him to hand-off the cat to?

18. Mary (the first) says:

Third! :D

19. Perhaps the nice ResQte Man didn’t want kitty’s claws to puncture his suit – or him?!
    Of course Mr. ResQte Man could also be called kitty’s Ferry Godfather. ;-)

20. Absolutely agree!

21. The first video just leaves me puzzled, how did that cat get down there? It’s like when they warn you about kittens in car engines in winter. Do we need to knock on the ship hulls now?

22. I am very worried that the Swedish cat has come a far way from its home, and is now lost in the horrible cold that is our stupid climate… :P But perhaps someone took care of it after the rescue?

23. Oh, okay. They found the owner. :)

24. I was really impressed with the chill on that cat. I was expecting a massive kitty freakout and he was like “oh, hey, I’ll just wander over here for a bit…”