Chapter Seven, in which House Atreides Must Negotiate with the Spacing Guild

Paul Atreides watched in fascination. He had heard of the Guild Navigators, their strange bodies mutated into kittens by consumption of the spice Catnip and suspended in containers of Catnip gas, but had never seen one until now. “You wish to fold space to Arrakis,” the creature said at last. “I trust you have prepared an offering of tuna.”

image
Via Reddit.

Comments

1. So then kittehs with blue eyes are Fremen? :D

2. “I will not fear the Cute. Cute is the Mind Killer than brings total oblivion.”

3. OMG, NOMTOM! I’m disturbing my entire department with my howls of laughter. You’re simply the best.

4. It is by ‘nip alone I set my mind in motion. Is by the leaf of nip that paws acquire speed, the whiskers acquire flakes, the flakes become a warning. It is by ‘nip alone I set my mind in motion.

5. She who controls the tuna controls the universe!

6. Kull wahad! 8O

7. pretty much, yeah

8. he IS the Swishbats Catattack!

9. …Alia was a mentat??

10. I have no idea. I wasn’t named after the Dune character…but I do sometimes sign my emails “Saint Alia of the Knife” all the same.

11. Er, that was me again, accidentally logged in via my unused blog name. :}

12. The Kittehs are the source of all the Qte.

PS. I totes need to re-read the Dune books now.

13. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

14. Well, I can’t do ‘Dune’ references, so I’ll just say:

All the cats think he’s a spy, he’s got
    WHACKADOODLE EYES!

15. There isn’t going to be any sticking my hand in a box is there?

16. hmm .. Kitten Spice .. yummy

17. You all have a certain weird way about you.

18. Tony James says:

He fur-ocious, and he knows just what it takes to get his his coat brushed?

19. Can I be know as Paul Muad’Dibs on the kit?

20. Clairdelune says:

I dunno, but think Paul Atreides never had such delicious peenk n’black spotty toebeans. New flavor, you know.

21. rocky griffin says:

Beautiful display of feline eyes and a regal presentehshe of toe-beanage!

22. I don’t know who keels me more, Theo: you or NTMTOM!

23. Your name is lovely and unique, Alia :D

24. :lol: Looks like that kitty is about say “Get me out of here or ELSE!” :lol:

25. Well, Mike’s the writer; I’m the occasional smartass. That help? ;)

26. So it’s Old Home Week with the seldom-seen CO Regulars? Hehe.

27. OMG! I’m laughing so hard I’m wheezing!

28. Coffee Cup says:

Two of my favorite things, kitties and Dune!

29. Tony James says:

Well you know, Teh-0, *some of us* don’t decide to galumph off in search of action and adventure. We cede the field to the younger chaps, content to sit on the sidelines and reminisce about the good old days “when all this was bleens, far as the eye could see”. These young’uns don’t know they’re born – why, time was when the only way to access The Overlode was *on a computer*! Frequently during office hours! I don’t approve of this mobile-cute-access-ability-through-smart-phones mullarky – not right, no. Far too easy for a chap to log-on and get cuted. Why, in my day we had to walk 10 miles through the snow, barefoot, uphill both ways, to even get a glimpse of a kitten in a box. You young whippersnappers, you never had it so good!

30. *nods grey head in agreement*

31. fleurdamour says:

*Snores quiety by the fire*

32. fleurdamour says:

Maybe a litter box

33. fleurdamour says:

Kittystash Boxhaberach, from the planet Maru-ne

34. phred's mom says:

*sknxx* Whadidhesay?!?
    These kids need to speak up
    and quit mumbling. I’m gonna
    rest my eyes now.*sknxx*

35. I JUST RUPTURED SOMETHING LAUGHING.
    POSSIBLY THE FABRIC OF SPACE.

36. Welcome back, Teho!

37. rocky griffin says:

Awesome name Snorgler! That was a very cute choice!

38. rocky griffin says:

Tony James’s story receives high toe-beans and the cute-overload seal of approval!

39. love ya nomtom … i had almost forgotten dune…thanks for the sweet pang…

40. That hovertext, oh Mike.

Wow we’re nerds.

41. How are ya, Theo? Are Lady Jaye and the Theo-lettes well?

42. Too occasional, Theo.

43. Barefoot! Barefoot?????? In my day, why we were LUCKY to have feet that were bare. We had one pair of feet to share among thirteen of us. Our Dad used to sit up all Saturday night to black them up for whoever was lucky enough to have them for church on Sunday.

44. mollykubik says:

Ding! Me too! Am loving that there are peoples out there that easily combine the two.

45. SOOO MUCH WORK TO DO… and here I am procrastinating…

46. Eeeeeasy there. ;)

47. [plays snowshoe hopscotch on TJ's lawn]
    [yep, RIGHT ON IT]

48. Um? Hello? Ground Control to Major Tomcat?
    [nice Grumpy Aladdin Sane avatar, there]

49. Oh I never REALLY left, you know.

50. Indeed!

51. This… this right here, is why I visit CO each day (lurking and wishing I could PUN LIKE YOU PEOPLE). Dune and cats… Dune AND cats!!! Kull Wahad is right.

(Oh, and thanksalot, now I have to read it _again_ for like, the tenth time….:)