Saving Clarice

From Cuteporter KB: "Clarice was at the farm of a person who was badly neglecting his animals. She's the only surviving lamb- just 4 days old when I met her. She was in rough shape when they got her- I think it was on the day she was born- but the rehabber nursed her back to health and she's doing well. The Animal Rescue Team is in Solvang, California."

Four Day Old Baby Lamb! from Kim Barker on Vimeo.

lamb 3

lamb 4

lamb 5

lamb 6

lamb 7

Comments

1. LAMBIE SMUSH-FACE!

2. jlamusings says:

Such a sweet story- so glad for the rescue heroes!! The contented sleepy mouf in the last picture slays me!!! DED. (Great…I’m supposed to go teach a class now…what do I do when I am ded from the Qte?)

3. Shouldn’t that be “crossed hooves action ” ?
    BTW, naming a saved lamb “Clarice” is just too cool…

4. That is some potent Qte right there, especially the bottom two images! Thank you to the folks who saved this little girl–too bad the other four could not be saved.

5. phred's mom says:

Perfect.

6. Blue Footed Booby says:

I have a friend who’s a former animal control cop. He has some truly awful stories, but it’s amazing the word he and his compatriots did. It’s like Mr Rogers said: look for the helpers.

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

Work, not word :I

8. Awwww, such a great story! And I love Clarice’s ‘leggings’ ! Sweet bebeh!

9. Oh the last photo surprised and delighted me.
    I was scrollin’ through them sayin’ to myself “Oh yes it’s a lamb being fed from a bottle. How nice.”
    Then I got to that sweet smooshie sweepy face in the last photo, and I died.
    Thanks CO.

10. This rescue group is in my local area. These people do A LOT of good for animals in our area. If you can, support them! Thank you ART! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to faint now after the lambie smushed sleepy face in the last picture.

11. These people are the BEST! It makes me so proud to see people from home caring for animals in the finest way possible. Keep up the great work!

12. The little shake at 0:37!

13. Thank you so much to the awesome Julia for taking care of this lamberson. She is an angel to our animal friends. <3

Now I am off to be DED from the last pic…..

14. Looks like the wind up to future leaping and bounding!

15. OMG, that smushie face could melt a glacier! God bless the good people at Animal Rescue Team for caring so much.

16. Lambie smush-face:
    I think I’ll sproing later, thanks
    I love this shoulder

17. Oh Lord, just beyond too cute! So thankful for these folks, and so sorry to know the others could not be saved. But I will focus on the good and this adorable little one.

18. And such fashionable leg-warmers!

19. sabrina rose says:

I was so shocked and sad to learn of neglected animals in Ojai/Solvang!! I lived in Los Angeles for 39 years and Santa Barbara/Ojai/Solvang are vacation destinations with primo real estate (think MJ’s Neverland Ranch). Most people who live in that area have substantial incomes. I’m so glad there are people looking out for the area’s farm animals and will certainly support them! Who could ignore a tiny baby lambie?

20. This is such a wonderful organization and they do so much for babies in need. Even small donations can help so much with volunteer organizations like this.

21. I know, it’s always shocking when you hear about stuff like this in areas where you’d think people have more resources to prevent it; there’s a lot of farmers in Santa Barbara County and a lot of wealth, but I guess that doesn’t guard against ignorance and lack of feeling by some really stoopid humans! Grrrr. And, I don’t know who could ignore a little lambie like this sweet thing, either! Mindboggling.

22. I got the reference immediately. Agreed, super cool.

23. katrinab73 says:

de leeps!! de smoushy leeps!!

24. Ted Demme/Jodie Foster would approve

25. Whups, wrong Demme. I mean Jonathon, the uncle, not the nephew.

26. I love when she settles in for a comfortable nap – in a pile of rocks!

27. Lambie smoosh face remind me of grandpa without his teeth. :p

28. Actually, I’ve never watched the complete movie, but I read the book back when I was in college. Does the movie make clear what happened to Precious ? In the book, the cop who is supposed to take her to the shelter takes her home instead. I always liked that.

29. I was refering to Silence of the Lambs directed by Jonathon Demme. Ted Demmy directed cult classics like “The Ref.”

30. Thank you to each and everyone of you who have posted comments, prayers, and donations. Clarice continues to thrive. Today her Vets made another house call, treating her with more antibiotics. We hope the Sheriff’s Department shuts down the property for neglecting their farm animals again. To follow up on Clarice progress, please visit our website, and facebook page, http://www.animalrescueteam.net
    Bless each and everyone of you, love Clarice the baby lamb.

31. Needs company? — any species (almost!) will do (not a crocodile, obviously). Our orphan lamb liked to sleep with the dog, now she’s 6 years old and she still lets him lick her face. Isn’t it wonderful how adaptable baby animals are?