2014 Sony World Photography Awards Shortlist

Some tremendous photography on display for the The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards Shortlist, as reported on My Modern Met and Mail Online.

What are you staring at !?
Almost 140,000 entries were received, competing for prizes in pro and open groups.

Lion, Grooming
Winners will be announced in March and April. Images making the shortlist go on display in the UK in May.

Zeybeks

Photo Creditos from MMM:
1) © Chin Boon Leng, Singapore, 2014 Sony World Photography Awards, Nature & Wildlife subcategory.
2) © George Logan, UK, 2014 Sony World Photography Awards, Campaign subcategory.
3) © Hasan BagÌlar, Cyprus, 2014 Sony World Photography Awards, Nature & Wildlife subcategory.

Comments

1. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Isn’t that last picture from the Opening Ceremonies at Sochi?

2. Dog Lover says:

I can’t possibly be objective since – next to puppehs – orangs are my most favoritest animal in the whole world. And a bebbeh orang? It doesn’t get any cuter than that.

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Orangs are definitely my favorite primate.

4. I will think of that first pic whenever someone talks about clutching their pearls.

I want to know the story behind the second pic.

5. EVerybody was kung fu fighting…….those bugs are fast as lightning…….
    Good example of praying mantis school of martial arts

6. Smartypants says:

So mantises are the cheerleaders of the insect world? Who knew?

7. AWW :D I just LOVE the picture of the kitty and the lion :D

8. Clairdelune says:

The adorabuhl bebbeh orang looks amazingly HUMAN. Impossible to deny the relationship.

9. Clairdelune says:

Me too, love the way the kitty is rubbing his face on the lion to claim him as HIS territory… and the lion seems to enjoy it!

10. I just want to know just where in mommy’s fur that little guy is popping out from? I can’t make out any appendages.

11. That’s not real, is it?

12. “Big Cat Little cat” Photoshopped! That little domestic cat sure took a fantasy trip through Africa in these 7 pictures: http://www.boredpanda.org/big-cat-small-cat-whiskas/

13. What cats dream about.