Rocky Ridge Refuge Is Te-RRR-iffic!

Wow, check this out. It seems there’s an animal refuge in Arkansas, called the Rocky Ridge Refuge.

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-2
A lady named Janice Wolf runs the RRR.

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-18
She’s been at it for 20 years now, helping animals that need special care due to medical issues, abuse and neglect.

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-8
Anywhere from 50-60 critters hang at the RRR at any time.

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-14
According to the RRR FB, “Many are permanent residents and others are awaiting their forever home.”

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-16
RRR mostly runs on donations- here’s how to do it.

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-42
Or maybe you’d like a “Gimme Shelter” calendar?

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-19
Either way, the critters would appreciate the support.

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-23

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-32

animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-38
animal-friendship-at-rocky-ridge-refuge-7
“I died over this! Then I died and died and died some more.” – (The evidently late) Laieanna, as seen on Bored Panda, and also from Robin C.

Comments

1. Eeeee! A zeebie! Grabby hands! And woofhound? Grabby times deux!

2. sabrina rose says:

This is a real Noah’s Ark of a shelter! What good people there. I’ll support them for sure.

3. Love it! I shall also support them.

I think an “Interspecies Snorgling” tag is also in order.

4. can’t we all just get along? yes, we can!!! :)

5. Dog Lover says:

The capybara smooching up the puppehs really did me in. So I made a donation and now I feel alive again! :)

6. Bull terrier puuuuup!!

7. Phew–close call! Glad that the giving brought you back to us.

8. Sasha's Mum says:

This is all kinds of awesome!

You had me at the zebra, then upped the ante with the capybara … Wow. Just wow.

9. You can like ‘em on FB…she is an amazing person. And the photos she posts are too. So glad to see them on Teh Cute.

10. I saw this on the Daily Mail website and just about fell over. I bet they all sleep in a big pile.

which we need to see.

11. Is….is this….is this heaven?!

12. Copperbat says:

Whaaat?? Where is this peacable kingdom of Arkinsaw?

13. Indeed we need to see that, just to confirm our suspicions.

14. loribelle says:

Yes! It was like a Capy kissing booth!

15. rocky griffin says:

Love seeing stuff like this! Cuteporter’s get gold star and high toe-beans!

16. Ok. This is the most awesomest, cayootest, dern thing I’ve ever seen. GREEAAT to read about this wonderful place, especially amid the horror in that God forsaken town of Sochi, where all the stray dogs are being executed.

Sorry, I’m so upset, had to mention that. So nice to see the good, off the charts cuteness.

17. Good for you! How’s about the lambie/pup action? Thud.

18. I think a REDONK is in order here, isn’t it?

19. SlaveToCat says:

Walt Disney’s view of the world.

20. Dog Lover says:

Yup. Sure is. :)

21. ScoutsMom says:

I just love all the multi-species, multi-cultural diversification going on here. If animals can do it, why can’t people???

22. SaraReina94 says:

People! The capybara’s name is Cheesecake! Cheesecake the Capybara!
    I…I don’t…the cyute is overwhelming!

23. I donated too. If I won the lotto, this would be my life….sigh….

24. Clairdelune says:

Same here… sigh…

25. The last pic did me in! What unlikely pals – a fawn, tortoise, and capy! :) :)

26. Well, some people do… it’s nice to focus on the good parts of this world… there is lots out there! :)

27. In the immortal words of Liz Lemon,”I want to go to there”.

28. I’m pretty sure this is what heaven looks like.

29. Donated… A zebra in the snow is not something you see every day

30. You guys! Breaking news! the zebra is named Barcode. Holy smokes, isn’t that just the perfect name for such a cute stripey beast?!

31. I’ve been following them on Facebook for many months now. She posts new adorable pictures of the interspecies snorgling every day!

32. BulldogMommy13 says:

Yes. This is what heaven looks like to me. Absolute perfection.

33. BulldogMommy13 says:

“Barcode?” “Cheesecake?” A Bull Terrier Puppy? I tried to hang on, but no. I’ve burst into a puddle of goo…..

34. Genius.