THIS JUST IN: We Visit Thing One And Two’s House

This one is just off the YouTube express, everyone. The plot? Thing Two cruises the hallway. That’s…about it. But NOTICE if you will……the gleaming floors. The pristine…EVERYTHING.

Japan wins again.

The title of this video is “Kuru.” The online translator says that means “Kuru.” (Say like Marge in “Fargo:”) OK then! Will consult Guremike and report back.

1. Copperbat says:

Kuru simply means “to come”, which is what they’re doing. :)

2. You are correct! Just got a response: ” KURU means ‘come’, simply!”

3. Isn’t kuru the disease you get from eating raw brains??

4. The reflective shine of the floor made my iPad screen’s fingerprints really stand out.

Gorgeous kitties!

5. 6ToedCatsRule says:

The floors are……hypnotic

6. The squeak-mew at 0:28… Killed me!

7. This is like an artsy Bergman-esque short film — we just need some film critic’s interpretation: “… here we have the cat representing our suppressed heart’s desire, and the hallway of life that we keep walking down, walking… walking… … … walking… endlessly searching, but never finding our goal… “

8. rocky griffin says:

This cat had such nice fur! I Loved his colors and pattern. While watching this my goal was to face-bop this cat and give him a kiss! So beautiful!

9. I felt a more German expressionist vibe, myself.

10. You are probably correct — not enough winter scenes…

Also, Henri, Le Chat Noir could probably do a good job with this one. Yet there is something profound in the unrelenting hopefulness of Thing 1, it’s a bit disturbing.

11. Clairdelune says:

Don’t forget Japanese angst. Perhaps the shining floor symbolizes the search for order and tranquility in a chaotic, crowded world.

12. They speak! FYI the website says they live in Kauai, not Japan. Wanted to pet the screen!

13. Anna you’re funny!! Indeed they live in Kawaii — yet they are still in Japan… Kawaii is everywhere, really (see link ;^)

14. They live in Kawaii Overload!

15. Clairdelune says:

They live in Kawaii-land — read it aloud with several iii at the end, like this: “Kawaiiiiii!!!!” , the equivalent of Cuuuuuute!!!!!!! :-D

16. Huh? But on their blog they say they live in Japan…. maybe they moved?

17. What does it say about us when we notice how pristine their floors are. Not even a cat hair. I have got to go a wash my kitchen floors now!
    My cats are slob, not neat cute kitties !

18. Clairdelune says:

I washed mine yesterday, but it’s a mess already. I’m sure those floor have a dirt-repellant surface and a built-in cat hair disintegrator, but the secret formula and drawings are kept under lock and key to ensure that the rest of the world feels inadequate. ;-)

19. phred's mom says:

It’s working. I feel such
    a slob. *sigh*

20. Beautiful fluffalicious kitty approaches the viewer (me! me! ME!) umpteen times. What’s not to like? I’ve definitely seen worse films than this one. *watches again*

21. AWW :D I so want to cuddle Thing One and Thing Two :D

22. I think we need a Mugumogu – Guremike Spotless-Floor Throwdown.

23. I might have to work on that.

24. Sharon Wilson says:

There’s the meow like, “Hey! Stop filming and pet me!”

25. Japan is clean…. so very clean. and adorable.

26. Does anyone know why they are called Thing one and two? The owner’s website refers to calico(mike) as Imo(sister) and Grey(gure) one as Ani(brother). Wonder where”Thing One” “Thing Two” came from..