THIS JUST IN: Maru V. Hana For World Domination

His Extremely Royal Exalted Rotundness and sidekick Hana take play-time seriously.

1. 1:16-1:18 is my fave part >:3

2. Omg, I missed that the first time… I did an actual wheezing cartoon dog laugh when rewatching. Twice. :D

3. I need someone more technologically proficient than me to make a GIF out of that. I can’t stop watching it.

4. Bruno Guillemette says:

There you go ! (a bit small though…)

5. Used Gifsoup ( to convert YouTube video and EzGif ( to crop…

6. Found this on 9gag, I didn’t make it.

7. Awesome. Bless You Internet!

I wish I could make a GIF my wall paper! ;)

8. Updated post!!

9. diane in los angeles says:

Exactly so….that slithering out from under is great. Definitely my ‘fave frame(s)’.

10. Mingles' Mommy says:

My cat does the same thing – he loves to propel himself out on his back. It’s hilarious to watch!

11. How did he actually do it though? He slid out so gracefully after I thought he was actually gonna get stuck under there.

12. Blue Footed Booby says:

He’s using his back feet to push off the crossbeams on the underside of the futon.

13. I love that part, where he oh-so-gracefully oozed out from under the sofa. It’s worth making into a gif!

14. Oozed is the ONLY way to describe that. ;)

15. I just love these two! I’m glad Maru has a play/wrestling mate. Also, I really need to Swiffer my floors more…

16. Exactly. I need to clean my floors more often. I wonder how often she cleans hers.

17. 6ToedCatsRule says:

Seriously, Mugumogo needs another YouTube channel just for the floors. I would watch subscribe

18. Seriously! There are fans all over the world that would subscribe to a channel all about house-keeping tips, especially with pets!

19. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

The way I calculate it. All.The.Time.

20. rocky griffin says:

OMG! During break time: terminal cuteness achieved!

21. His Royal Roundness certainly seems to be enjoying his baby sister. So much so that he didn’t even try to jump into one of those boxes. Amazing!

22. Maru’s M.O. is to be on his back, all the better to bunny kick with. Hana’s M.O. is to pounce, pounce, pounce! I’ve never seen Maru with the head to the side like that. Still so cute.

23. maru doesn’t have a back, just a front that goes all the way around

24. and THAT, my friends, is first on the list for the 2014 Comments Of The Year.

25. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

True dat.

26. I loved this comment, too, from the Thing One, Thing Two vid:

“The reflective shine of the floor made my iPad screen’s fingerprints really stand out.”

I guffawed so suddenly that coffee almost spurted from my nose when I read that! (Because it’s so ironically true, eh?!)

27. I mean, I already have the post started! It’s gonna sit in the incubator for the next 11 months and I will add to it bit by bit. Check back around mid-December.

28. Wait a minute! Aren’t they in different weight classes?!

29. They kinda reminded me of a mash-up match between two Olympic athletes, one a super-heavy weight boxer and one a lightweight judo-ist and somebody got their venue mixed up.

30. Blue Footed Booby says:

Like UFC before they started using weight classes.

Maru is comparatively huge just standing there. When he puffed up after the slithery bit he just *dwarfed* Hana. If he really wanted he could get ahold of her and just squish her. He’s just a nice big brother. :3

31. Hana has the speed though.

32. rocky griffin says:

Rabbit kicking is a special move.

33. Kari Callin says:

Oh gods, at 1:14 when he oozes out from under the futon on his back, with a very determined look on his face, almost made me spit out my coffee! LOLOL

34. Emmberrann says:

Before there was Mr. Picky, there were a pair of tuxie brothers named “Tyson (for his boxing prowess with his little white gloves)” and “Butler (he had a white ‘shirt’ front as well as white gloves)”. They played like Maru and Hana, not just during the day, but also most nights. I called them my feline juvenile delinquents. Because they were.

35. CUTE-ALITY!!! (Like a fatality, but you know, much more pleasant.)

36. Just like totality. Like, totally.

37. Stressfactor says:

I like Maru’s other move — the ‘Hug of Doooooooom’!…. or, you know,… mild inconvenience.

38. New cuddling pics on Maru’s blog
    soooooo cuuuuuuuute :3

39. Awwwww!

40. rocky griffin says:

Maru has a very good ground game. It is very tough to pass his guard but if you get side mount on him don’t look at his face, it’s too cute and will render you jello-like and helpless!

41. OMG… OMG!! Maru is a 12th Man, he’s a fellow Seahawks fan!! check out frame 2:25, there is clearly a 12 in his markings!

42. But I think Hana has taken Russell Sherman defensive style to another level.

43. It seemed to Maru some time to get warmed up. That was some of the LAZIEST cat play/fighting I’ve ever seen. He did seem to pick up after break time maybe because of the boxes.
    Did they move? Those were not the regular floors and there was the rug. Where ARE they?

44. Shaz aka Sharon D says:

I think Maru’s tail puffed up to twice its regular size.

45. AWW :D Maru and Hana looked like they were having a lot of fun playing together :D

46. Now that’s a serious fight to the tired!

Luv Maru’s puffy tail!! he’s in complete SUMO wrestler mode in the slither move!